constant redraws

ucpro

Reaction score
i've been having probs with redraws since 2.5. i have/had my apps locked into memory, and it still would redraw, even coming out of a text message which really shouldn't be memory intensive. i have launcher pro, and also power strip, that way, while i'm in another app, i can hit the home button, and power strip comes up with my apps instead of me having to wait for my home screen to refresh itself.

i've tried adw launcher with the same results. even uninstalled launcher pro and power strip, and when i hit the app drawer, it shows up blank for about 7 seconds before the apps come back.

not really sure what to do at this point, i'm loving the rom, but this is the only problem that i've had.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I think your problem is with LP (and ADW). I switched to GO Launcher Ex (which offers all the same features just about) and haven't had a single redraw in weeks (keeping it locked in memory). If I were you, i'd try a different home app. It really helped me.

Play a jam!

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
i tried go launcher, but it does the same thing, just not as often. it redraws coming out of the browser more than texting. at least it doesn't take AS long for the app drawer to fully come back

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Yeah I always got BAD redraws after leaving xScope. They were unbearable with LP and ADW so I made the switch and GO EX is working flawlessly for me.

I have also heard others say that Zeam launcher is another good one to try...

Play a jam!

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
maybe there's just somethin wrong with my phone. i put the fancy widget and the verizon widget that shows how much data i use, and it always redraws when i come out of any app that i'm on

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Hmmm. Did you try the terminal emulator command trick? Can't remember what it is again but if you search it you should find a command that you can type into terminal emulator to help this problem. Apparently it has worked for a lot of people.

Play a jam!

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop

Sent From My Droid Without Spell Checker

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
Echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop

it says Echo: not found

are ya'll talkin about compcache?? i could never get it to work. TE always says the directory isn't found or somethin

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
Try to type "su" first

i did. i seen the option for the compcache in ud settings and set it to 18. i don't know if that's supposed to be an alternate method or not

wierdo124

Reaction score
I just tried running that command too. Permission denied. I ran it with su.

tb2007

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with either LP or ADW.

I currently run 2.3 UD and only have mild redraw problems(within reason from what I exited). However, I tired UD 3.1 and loved it, but EVERY time it would redraw, no matter if it was a simple quite text or app drawer. I tired ADW and had the same problem.

I thought maybe UD doesn't like my phone anymore. So I flashed cyanogen just to see what would happen. Again same problem on either launcher, bad redraws. On both of those flashes I cleared data/cache.

Problem was so bad, I just reflashed my 2.3UD backup until I can find answer. Does the phone physically have a problem? I can't think of anything that's wrong with the phone that would cause this issue.

I also ran that command and see if that helps any. Make sure and type:
su then press enter
then enter command(with lower case e) and press enter

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
or download scripter from the market & barcode scaner ... then use this, it is the command in qr code

img.php

Last edited: