Advantage of Bionic over D3?

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
I have an upgrade coming. Dithering between the two. Your thoughts?

Doug

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

idefiler6

Reaction score
Isn't the Droid 3 3g only? If you have 4g LTE in your area, it means about 10-20x the speed. That, and I'm coming from a Droid 2. Not big on the hardware keyboard.

OP
U

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
Isn't the Droid 3 3g only? If you have 4g LTE in your area, it means about 10-20x the speed. That, and I'm coming from a Droid 2. Not big on the hardware keyboard.

I line in SE Washington. No 4G any time soon. Other than keyboard and 4G, what makes the bionic better?

idefiler6

Reaction score
You should be able to check both devices and hit the red compare button, gives you a rundown of each.

Go to verizonwireless.com, hover over Shop, click Smartphones. Hover over each phone and click compare. Go to the top and hit the red compare button.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I line in SE Washington. No 4G any time soon. Other than keyboard and 4G, what makes the bionic better?

Screen size. If both devices had equal specs otherwise, the larger screen (real estate AND resolution) would tip the scales towards getting the Bionic for me.

Of course, YMMV. :)

PhontomF

Reaction score
Twice the RAM in Bionic makes a very big difference too

c_mack9

Reaction score
i had a D3 and now have a bionic. the D3 is fantastic but the bionic is just ridiculous. its bigger, lighter, faster than the D3. the ram is doubled AND its DDR2 desktop quality ram. like the guy above said, it really does make a huge difference. you cant go worng with either since they are both so good but the bionic is so much better than anything out dont miss your chance to get it. i had a D1, Dx2, D3, droid eris, now bionic for what its worth.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
D3 is a great device but the Bionic is just silly good.
DDR2 RAM (1GB)
Larger screen.
LTE radio.. even if you dont have it now you may in the future

the list goes on and on and on....

GarciaFan

Reaction score
I fail to understand why people think they don't need the 4g, because they are not in a 4g area. Verizon is adding 4g very quickly and I expect most areas will have 4g before the next replacement comes up. Am I the only one with that opinion?

OP
U

Uncle Chan

Reaction score
I fail to understand why people think they don't need the 4g, because they are not in a 4g area. Verizon is adding 4g very quickly and I expect most areas will have 4g before the next replacement comes up. Am I the only one with that opinion?

We only just got 3G.

aramos87

Reaction score
I had the Droid 3 before the Bionic as well and I will day it is a matter of preference.. Keyboard vs screen size and RAM ( since you don't have 4G ). IMO the Bionic for sure! It'll definitely gonna be the Big wig out for at least a few months .. (IMO)... and also the RAM does make a big difference.

On a good note for the D3 the hardware keyboard is pretty awesome.. I do find my self flipping my Bionic to slide a keyboard out.. and it not being there does make me miss my D3..

So I say try out both at the store and see what you prefer.. or get one and if you don't like it exchange it for the other.. its only $35 to restock a device.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ambrown

Reaction score
Does the D3 have dual core also? I know the bionic is a beast with the RAM, but if the D3 has dual core it would still be a pretty good device. I actually like the D3's design better than previous droids. Ultimately the Bionic out specs pretty much everything on the market right now.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Does the D3 have dual core also? I know the bionic is a beast with the RAM, but if the D3 has dual core it would still be a pretty good device. I actually like the D3's design better than previous droids. Ultimately the Bionic out specs pretty much everything on the market right now.

Yes the d3 has dualcore

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

aramos87

Reaction score

Yes the Droid 3 has a Dual Core processor .. its actually really fast as far as transitions and animations ... just no LTE... and the 4.0" screen is a great size for a mobile phone. I'm just more into 4.3" devices and waited for the Bionic since January so I had to get it haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums