Advantage of Bionic over D3?

lilhill

Reaction score
The Bionic is definitely smoother and faster than the D3. This is due to the aforementioned 1GB of DDR2 RAM in the Bionic versus the 512MB of standard cell phone RAM in the D3.

The Bionic has a larger screen (4.3" vs. 4"), yet is lighter than both the D1 and the D3.

I upgrade from the D1 (CM7, Supercharged, 1GHz) to the Bionic and there's NO COMPARISON. Bionic all the way.

Retired OG DROID
DROID BIONIC

alucard9114

Reaction score
Get a bionic the ram makes it faster than any phone.my wife has a droid X2 it gets faster quadrant scores but when using it i just want to throw it across the room.After going from a Bionic then using an X2 you can see a huge difference. :D

Nightwolf5000

Reaction score
Going from a DROID x that u got last year to the Bionic i have noticed the increase in speed and how smooth it operates. The camera is incredible at 1080p recording! Much more powerful than any phone out there even much so than the upcoming "iphone 5"...maybe...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I still using my Droid 1 and have an upgrade available. I REALLY want a 4g slider with 1ghz dual core and 1gb ram but I dont think its in the cards. Since Im going to be stuck with this phone for 2yrs I want the most cutting edge phone I can get right now (yes I know better phones are around the corner, Im talking today)

I actually got a Droid Charge a few weeks ago and returned it. Gorgeous screen and 4g, but single core and only 512mb ram. Just too many deficiencies to live with for 2yrs.

Droid 3 ALMOST has everything I want. Slider, dual core 1ghz, but no 4g and only 512mb ram. If it either had 4g and 512mb ram or only 3g and 1ghz ram I could live with it. But its missing 2 of the 3 things I need.

The Bionic has 4g, dual core, and 1gb ram. No slider which I really, really want, but its got the horsepower Im looking for so most likely in the next few days will be getting one.

fainez

Reaction score
I basically in the same boat as the above poster, I have the droid 1, and im debating the bionic and the droid 3. i desperately want a physical keyboard, and I do not use the internet a whole lot, and the 4g is at my school, but not home until about 2012/13.

likely going to get the droid 3, even though its not the top of the pack atm.

why can't they make a bionic with a keyboard??

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^I'm tellin ya, get the Bionic. It's sooo smooth. I think with the bigger screen you will get used to the virtual keyboard. I use an app called SwiftKey for the keyboard and it's awesome.

kauaikid

Reaction score
I had the original Motorola Droid and I've had the Bionic for 6 days and what a difference! No comparison between the two. The Bionic is 10-20 times better!!!

tcayton49

Reaction score
In addition to what others have said...the Bionic Rules All Machines :p

Parkhum

Reaction score
I'd have to say it's a snappy device.
From what I've seen anyway.

If you don't care about a physical keyboard, then you should go with the Bionic. While the 4G may be a little irrelevant for your area right now, once it does kick in, you'll be golden.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
They have all said it. Its just stupid fast not just the 4g but it is amazing how responsive it is. I miss my d2g keyboard and have tried to slide it out a few times today........ But hell I have a Bluetooth keyboard for my Xoom if I really really need a keyboard. I just hope there is a Droid 5 or something that has a slide out in the future... Always gonna love my qwerty

davishusband

Reaction score
When people are saying they don't need it, they're being honest. They just don't need a right now in the future yeah. I am sure the "Droid 4" will have 4g and better specs then the current Droid Bionic, Then there will be a better Droid Bionic....yada, yada, let's not sound like Iphone vs. Droid users, Our family (Droid) won that battle. We don't need a civil war, I was going to hold out for the Bionic, but my original Droid battery was going bad so I said screw it and got the droid 3. I have absolutely no regrets I love my phone. I'm excited for people that got a new Bionic, and I hope all Droids just keep getting better and better.

Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can't live without a keyboard and your city won't get lte in the next two years go w the DROID 3 its a great phone.... but if any point u will get lte I have to say the bionic hands down... places I got little or no 3g at work with my d1/dx/bionic.... im getting blazing fast 4g.... im talking like 0.72mbps vs 12.00mbps... not to mention the bionic was very well made and its very fast on and offline... id never consider a 3g phone again .. that's just my two pennies

Edit: I told a friend the other day to wait and see how the samsung stratosphere is if he wants 4g and a keyboard.... the hardware doesn't look to hot.. also MOTOBLUR is awesome... definitely something he'll use.... its all on preference

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
3 simple facts make this an easy decision

1. No blue pictures with Bionic
2. 3 letters that really make the the first and only required reason L---T---E! Need I say more?
3. 1 GB RAM in Bionic vs 512MB RAM in D3.....D3 has known and vastly reported lag....Bionic does not.

and if you must have a 4th.....the development on the Bionic is simply astounding. D3 was out for a couple months before root was achieved. Root on the Bionic was done before release....so time span is release to root to custom recovery to CM7 (basically) in about a week. That alone is "Bionic"....plus we have the perk of P3Droid and CVPCS both owning one.

I was one of those in denial in saying "I don't care about LTE right now" but after getting the Bionic and experiencing LTE I can tell you I will NEVER look back....not for a second.

3g I would get 1.3 at best for DL speeds.....LTE I am averaging....AVERAGING.....23.

Last edited:

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
So I say try out both at the store and see what you prefer.. or get one and if you don't like it exchange it for the other.. its only $35 to restock a device.

Really....you can do this?? Its tempting. Of course u pay the difference in phone price too.

But there's no other penalty fees? And how much time do u have for this? Had my D3 for 3 weeks now...just curious as to what my options are.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
When people are saying they don't need it, they're being honest. They just don't need a right now in the future yeah. I am sure the "Droid 4" will have 4g and better specs then the current Droid Bionic, Then there will be a better Droid Bionic....yada, yada, let's not sound like Iphone vs. Droid users, Our family (Droid) won that battle. We don't need a civil war, I was going to hold out for the Bionic, but my original Droid battery was going bad so I said screw it and got the droid 3. I have absolutely no regrets I love my phone. I'm excited for people that got a new Bionic, and I hope all Droids just keep getting better and better.

Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!

I agree, I just wish Moto had made the d3 less like a bionic kissing cousin and more like a..... Well hot petite sister. I am seriously missing that keyboard sometimes.