If the D3 gets root...

wseyller

Reaction score
if the D3 gets root by the time that the bionic comes out, then does that produce any confidence that the bionic can achieve the same. They are different phones, but there are some similiar specs. Also both will run Gingerbread. Does any of that crossover to the bionic?

Honestly I don't think it will happen for the D3 that quick but I have been surprised before.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mjones73

Reaction score
Anything is possible, we'll have to wait and see if both are locked the same way..

Reaction score
if the D3 gets root by the time that the bionic comes out, then does that produce any confidence that the bionic can achieve the same. They are different phones, but there are some similiar specs. Also both will run Gingerbread. Does any of that crossover to the bionic?

Honestly I don't think it will happen for the D3 that quick but I have been surprised before.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If the D3 gets root.. the DB WILL be rooted soon enough.. I give it 2 months before they crack the D3.

Snow02

Reaction score
If a new exploit comes out well enough in advance of launch, there's actually a chance it could be patched on the bionic. So if one is written, I wouldn't expect to see it prior to the bionic being released.

endobrian

Reaction score
Maybe Verizon would request it, but Motorola knows it would just be rooted 1 day later anyway.

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
I doubt Verizon or Motorola would try something like that, but if the dev community does attain an exploit, maybe they'll wait to release it for us Bionic users. It's not a sony device. For future Bionic users maybe the D3 will be a great guinea pig.