Adobe says flash 10.1 for android available in june.

V

verian

Any heard any more about the beta? Is that still on for middle may

RobertHaw

Reaction score
I did a search in Eau Claire, Wi for Main Street Computer. Doesn't show up in Google. Searching for computer sales and service there. Kind of interesting.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ronr

Reaction score
I think I ended up sending my last post to roberthaw. As I said in my first post I only do one other forum and I must say it's very different then this. There we embrace new members and if we have a Question we ask it. We suspend accounts for treating people the way I have been treated here. The post was pretty long so I dont feel like typing it all again. If you would be so kind Robert as to post it for me so the rest of your forum can read it I would be thankful. In it I placed our phone #s and address for all to see and fact check. I did get a phone call in the middle so I don't know if your server logged me out but it looked like it went. If not I will come back tonight and rewrite it if I don't see it up. I am let down to see how we treat people we don't know online now. Its full of bullies and people with bad attitudes. I was there in the beginning and we treated people with respect. You remember that it's what you mom and dad taut you or should have. And as I said in the post that's not up if you think my typing and word use is bad you should see some of my text.
Live long and prosper

doublejack

Reaction score
I'm very doubtful of Ron's information. Certainly there's no apparent hardware reason to explain why the Incredible would support Flash while the Droid won't. That would mean if VZW rolls it out for one and not the other it would be because of a political decision. I'm not buying it. The Incredible is selling well, but there are way more Droids on the street and Motorola is a key partner.

I'm not questioning Ron's story, mind you. I just think he got some bad info. If Flash 10.1 is coming to Android in June, it won't be long before the Droid is on board.

RobertHaw

Reaction score
Doesn't look like I ever got a post or comment.

I think I ended up sending my last post to roberthaw. As I said in my first post I only do one other forum and I must say it's very different then this. There we embrace new members and if we have a Question we ask it. We suspend accounts for treating people the way I have been treated here. The post was pretty long so I dont feel like typing it all again. If you would be so kind Robert as to post it for me so the rest of your forum can read it I would be thankful. In it I placed our phone #s and address for all to see and fact check. I did get a phone call in the middle so I don't know if your server logged me out but it looked like it went. If not I will come back tonight and rewrite it if I don't see it up. I am let down to see how we treat people we don't know online now. Its full of bullies and people with bad attitudes. I was there in the beginning and we treated people with respect. You remember that it's what you mom and dad taut you or should have. And as I said in the post that's not up if you think my typing and word use is bad you should see some of my text.
Live long and prosper

eddyspda

Reaction score
Hi guys ! I am going to do the new member thing an all but first had to tell you what I was told a few days ago. I have a friend who owns one of the large verizon stores in our city Eau Cliare Wi (once Alltel)he just attended an owners meeting with verizon honchos present and he asked when flash would be ready for moto droid? They said (with out comming right out and say'in it) not till fall or never. What? Denny said this was the #1 topic of the meeting. He said they would not come clean as to weather it was a software hardware or some other problem but if there customers needed flash to get them in an incredible asap as it would have full blown flash first out of all the androids. I have known denny for 15 years and he has been our go to guy for cells for 9. I bought my moto in oct. so I to have been waiting for some time My wife and I had a rather large cook out and thats were he laid this on me. He told me to come in and he would give me a new incredable for free and he did. He told me to put my moto on ebay asafp. He said that when this hits the general public the valu will plumit and I will have a $500 paper wait on my hands. Remember I bought way early. I contacted the local corprate store to get there input and got the first class run around ending with the manger telling me some time AFTER june. So to me it looks like its true. So take it for what its worth guys third party news should always be taken with a grain of salt but it don't look good. I for one am glad to see my moto go down the road it was heavy I never used the unusable key board and when they updated me to 2.01 it froze my phone and had to be reset and I lost over two hundred contacts. luckily my wife had half of them but the others are just gone. Well that's it hope I'm not the bearer of bad news. Later Ron

No ONE person owns verizon or a verizon store. So YOU that has a friend that has one, well your full of it! He may be an Agent but he is not VERIZON!
2nd of all, if there was not going to be an adobe flash why is it that it comes up and says that there will be one availble in 2010.
3rd of all and final! Verizon has not and will not be blocking flash. They want it as much as others.

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
ronr

I have every reason to doubt ronr's story . First , I went into my local VZW store yesterday to have my battery replaced , and a phantom white noise problem checked out (which they couldn't figure out . . help anyone . . lol) and when I asked them what they thought about the new LG Ally they looked at me like I was a damn alien . This is supposed to be LG's newest coolest android phone and , as far as I know , the first for Verizon but not a person in there even knew about it so for ronr to say his buddy said they knew nothing about flash surprises me not at all . I mean seriously , the Ally is all over TV with the commercials and NOONE in the store knew about it ?!?! Gimme a damn break . Second we have all seen the flash demo's all over here , there , and everywhere so if Google wants it on their devices , I'm pretty sure it will end up on them . Droid is the flagship phone of VZW and I hardly believe that any person in charge at VZW would try to make sure it won't end up on the Droid . The public backlash would be a PR nightmare for them . Third and lastly for a person that "supposedly" owns a computer store and is 50 years old and is tech savvy , why does he not use spellcheck ?!?! Everyone here that has read the posts from here have seen the errors in his spelling . Sounds to me like we have an Iphony homer in here spewing garbage and trying to get us all bent out of shape . I love my Droid . I have been with VZW for more than 15 years (cellular one , airtouch , then VZW) but the same company thru and thru and this is the best phone I have ever had and have had it longer than I have ever had a phone from there . I was a serial phone trader and never truly happy . I have never been happier since I got my Droid . The guys that run this site are awesome and the tips , tricks , advice , and everything else here has made me love my phone even more . Thank you . Ronr . .. stick with your Iphone and leave us Droiders alone . P.S. . . sorry for the long message . I rarely post anything here , but I needed to vent on this one . PEACE !

doublejack

Reaction score
Upon further review, I'm now 100% confident that the info provided by poster "ronr" is wrong. There's no truth to it, no facts to back it up. I'm not attacking the poster here. For all I know, he could have been fed a line by his buddy. Or perhaps his buddy is just sadly misinformed. Maybe his buddy doesn't exist and he made up the story for some reason. Whatever the case, here are the facts:

1. Motorola and Adobe have both announced that Flash 10.1 is coming to the Droid. Motorola's announcement can be found here while Adobe's announcement can be found here.

2. Adobe's people keep saying that Flash 10.1 will be released in the first half of 2010. That lines up nicely with the dates we're seeing for the release of Android 2.2. Coincidence? Probably not IMO.

3. ronr's claim that the Incredible will support flash while the Droid will not is 100% wrong. Flash will be coming to the Droid, and I have to believe it will be supported on the Incredible too.

It is interesting that in the Adobe blog there's a disgruntled poster by the name of "Ron Clark". Is that "ronr"?

dcw9ma

Reaction score
Will Hulu and ABC block flash on phones the way they block skyfire?

dcw9ma

Reaction score
Will Hulu and ABC block flash on phones the way they do skyfire?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And to me the Droid should get it first as its easier to put it on the Droid: No SenseUI