Adding contacts on the spot?

lillitnn92

Reaction score
Don't have the phone (yet), but really excited to get one later. I had a co-worker get it on release date and take it back the next day. His reason, "he said" You can't just add a contact on the fly. example: clicking contacts > new > enter info done! Is this true? Does everything HAVE to go through Gmail? I have a Gmail account, but have never used it and really have no need for it or anything Google except for searching.

Stigy

Reaction score
Don't have the phone (yet), but really excited to get one later. I had a co-worker get it on release date and take it back the next day. His reason, "he said" You can't just add a contact on the fly. example: clicking contacts > new > enter info done! Is this true? Does everything HAVE to go through Gmail? I have a Gmail account, but have never used it and really have no need for it or anything Google except for searching.
That is absolutely incorrect.

All you need to do is go to Contacts > Menu > New Contact

Then you get a blank contact card and can type in all the information.

IF the other person happens to have an Android device they can just pull up their QR code from the contacts and you can scan that in and it will create a contact for that person with their information.

OP
L

lillitnn92

Reaction score
I didn't think that was true. I knew he was just not figuring it out and got frustrated. Seriously, that is like one of the most basic of features on all phones, I couldn't believe they would make it that hard. Thanks!

Still reading and reading before I make the jump to make sure it's the phone I want. Again THANKS!

djstar2k2

Reaction score
actually u can add contacts from all types of places any from a text

Russell

Reaction score
Haha. I actually laughed out loud when I read the reason.

I love how you can use the QR codes and I love the sync methods.

OP
L

lillitnn92

Reaction score
I kinda did the same thing when I heard it also. I just couldn't believe it. I figured I'd pop on here and find out. Now that I know, I feel a little better about buying. I'm not going to say anything to him, but when he eventually finds out it isn't the case, he'll feel silly. He liked the phone though other than that.

bucsfann20

Reaction score
why thank you very much. good to see community quick with responses

lmatrasko

Reaction score
is there a trick to it?

That is absolutely incorrect.

All you need to do is go to Contacts > Menu > New Contact

Then you get a blank contact card and can type in all the information.

IF the other person happens to have an Android device they can just pull up their QR code from the contacts and you can scan that in and it will create a contact for that person with their information.

i have tried that but am having issues being able to find a newly added contact. i add the contact, put in the info, save it, and when i go to search for the new contact, that person is not in my contacts list...not in scrolling through the list, not in searching for their name. is there some super secret trick??

Guurzak

Reaction score
Contacts: Menu button: Display Options. Make sure all contact categories are checked.

Fraxinus

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of the QR code feature; learn something new every day! Have to say I'm pretty delighted about that, it's definitely a unique, useful feature :icon_ banana:

Silver Member
Reaction score
google goggles is also a great method for adding contacts from business cards.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
ok i'm a little confused as i can't find my QR code. i've created a contact for myself but when i go to menu-> share-> the only options i have at to email. :confused:

Silver Member
Reaction score
do you have barcode scanner installed?