Add a Facebook Account, Sync Contacts?

dddjames

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is no, but is it possible to add a Facebook account, and pull your Facebook friends Contact info into your contacts as I would on my Stock Droid X? I assume this was something removed with the nastiness that comes with Blur, but I wanted to ask, as I miss having the auto-populated photos for all my contacts.

LOVE the Rom. Lightning fast, beautiful, stable, everything I could hope for.

Thanks for any help.

trebb

Reaction score
Use the official facebook application from the market. It does this beautifully - way better than the Blur one.

majorcovert

Reaction score
Use the official facebook application from the market. It does this beautifully - way better than the Blur one.

I agree the ability to either Sync All Facebook data, or just Sync with existing contacts it is a great feature with AOSP contacts that is not allowed with blur contacts. I actually thought the blur contacts was annoying because default would be all your contacts including Facebook. You would always have to click menu and select Google contacts.

OP
D

dddjames

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this ridiculously easy solution!

I had no idea there was a sync option located within the official facebook app. And you're right, much easier and cleaner than the former blur options.

Thanks again!

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I too noticed this option once again available since blur contacts are not in this ROM. Ooooh how I missed this from my D1. I miss some things from the stock blur, but this is definitely a plus!

Smashie

Reaction score
I'm so happy with the fact that my X is auto syncing my facebook contact pictures again. It's been bugging me for MONTHS! That alone made me dancedroid but the fact that my X is blazing fast now, surrpased that just a touch ;)

varaonaid

Reaction score
Going to try this. Using a different ROM but great info. Thanks very much. Oh, and try SyncMyPix if you need a Facebook pic solution for your contacts.

scott.743

Reaction score
I'm using Tranquility 3.7.0 and I can't find any option to sync with Facebook contacts in the official app. Also, in the account setup menu, the official app does nothing when pressed. Any thoughts?

jonwgee

Reaction score
all from within the official app.

62e4bff2-6dc2-f96b.jpg
62e4bff2-6dd8-f2f8.jpg
62e4bff2-6de8-1910.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited:

scott.743

Reaction score
For whatever reason, the sync contacts option is not listed in my app. I un-installed and reinstalled the Facebook app from the market this morning, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm going to wipe my cache, run a factory wipe, and reinstall Tranquility 3.7.0 to see if that works.

varaonaid

Reaction score
I'm using Tranquility 3.7.0 and I can't find any option to sync with Facebook contacts in the official app. Also, in the account setup menu, the official app does nothing when pressed. Any thoughts?

Exact same here. Exception being that the extra Facebook tab in account settings is gone after I uninstalled it. But, it's been useless...

scott.743

Reaction score
I tried sbfing the 2.3.340 ota, then flashing Tranq 3.7.0, and then installing the update yesterday. However, I still cannot get Facebook to sync, while I have not problems with Twitter, or LinkedIn. One other thing to point out, after I sign in to the Facebook app, I can hit back, and the option to sync pops up. Though once I log in, it still won't sync afterwards. I'm starting to run out of ideas.

bratliff

Reaction score
I am running tranq and cannot get it ti sync either.. I am stumped.

antmazz

Reaction score
I Don't See Sync Contacts Either

I just downloaded the app on my Droid X and I don't see the "Sync Contacts" option either. I scrolled down to the bottom, it's not there.

Thoughts?