Not able to sync/add my facebook account...

ksaul

Reaction score
On my old OG Droid - I was able to sync my facebook account under "Accounts" and it would sync my contacts and their profile photo with their name.. well when I try to add my Facebook account on my GNexus - it doesnt do anything after I click "Facebook" on the add account screen.. I have been able to add my Google, and Twitter accounts, but facebook doesnt do anything...

anyone else?

and yes, I have the facebook app installed.

pyro6128

Reaction score
It's not built into ics. You can use friendcaster or haxsync as a workaround. If you search the forums or google there's plenty of info on this topic and why it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
the only thing with all the workarounds is that none of them will sync the facebook phonebook so you can't get any of their phone numbers unless they are already a google contact, which makes the workarounds useless, IMHO.

pyro6128

Reaction score
the only thing with all the workarounds is that none of them will sync the facebook phonebook so you can't get any of their phone numbers unless they are already a google contact, which makes the workarounds useless, IMHO.

I don't think its useless. Most people just want to sync their contact pictures. Anyone that I want to talk to on fb I already have their number. The fb phone book is completely useless to me. If I didnt get someones number in person I don't want it. But that's just me personally. It all just depends on how you interact with your friends.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think its useless. Most people just want to sync their contact pictures. Anyone that I want to talk to on fb I already have their number. The fb phone book is completely useless to me. If I didnt get someones number in person I don't want it. But that's just me personally. It all just depends on how you interact with your friends.

Very true, different for everyone I suppose.

pyro6128

Reaction score
So far haxsyc seems to be the best option though. The picture quality is better and its been getting updated frequently to add more options. I wouldn't be surprised if an upcoming update had the fb phone book in it, if it doesn't already (haven't checked the changelog in a bit)

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
It's not built into ics. You can use friendcaster or haxsync as a workaround. If you search the forums or google there's plenty of info on this topic and why it is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

how come its an option in my Account's screen then?

So far haxsyc seems to be the best option though. The picture quality is better and its been getting updated frequently to add more options. I wouldn't be surprised if an upcoming update had the fb phone book in it, if it doesn't already (haven't checked the changelog in a bit)

will give it a try, I installed FriendsSync but its useless.. i dont see what difference it has made at all

update: ugh, is there a free option? i know its only .99 but something free is always better :) imo

Last edited:

pyro6128

Reaction score
friendcaster is free, but the resolution on the pictures will be lower than with haxsync

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
I have been using friendcaster but am wondering if there is a more "lite weight" option (without rooting and without paying lol)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

meaker

Reaction score
Just tried haxsync. It add my fb contacts but they are listed as a separate contact so now I have some people list 3 times. One for their phone, one for their email, and now one for their fb. I want them all under one contact..anyway to do this? ?

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
Just tried haxsync. It add my fb contacts but they are listed as a separate contact so now I have some people list 3 times. One for their phone, one for their email, and now one for their fb. I want them all under one contact..anyway to do this? ?

if u go into Gmail (on ur computer) and go into contacts page, under the actions drop down there is an option to find duplicates and merge them....do this ans then manually sync your google account and everyone will be grouped together

meaker

Reaction score
if u go into Gmail (on ur computer) and go into contacts page, under the actions drop down there is an option to find duplicates and merge them....do this ans then manually sync your google account and everyone will be grouped together

Thanks a lot man.