Can't Add facebook account to sync

armedmonkey

Reaction score
I go to settings > accounts > add account, and when i press facebook, it goes back to the Account & Sync settings screen.

How do I fix that? I need my fb contacts :(

lesterm

Reaction score
Hello,

Go to the Facebook App and in the settings enable contacts sync.

This will give you all your Facebook contacts.

Enjoy.

lesterm

Reaction score
Facebook App then Settings and the very last option is Sync Contacts.

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
Weird. I don't see anything below "Other Settings". Running Liberty GB v0.5

Mturner615

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I had to reflash 0.5, and download facebook and twitter, then use the GB customizer to set them up

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Where is the GB customizer? I'm running v.5 and having the same issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dmichelr

Reaction score
Where is the GB customizer? I'm running v.5 and having the same issue.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Settings --> Liberty Settings or Liberty Toolbox --> Menu --> Settings

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jumpinghooligans

Reaction score
I have this same problem. I installed Liberty 0.4 and set up my facebook account through the Liberty customizer yesterday and I'm pretty sure it was all working. Today however (or maybe even past the first reboot, I'm not really sure) no pictures are showing up. I tried, as the OP did, to install the standalone Facebook app to use that to sync the information but as someone said before, it seems to be blocked when using Gingerbread.

I don't know where to go from here, I never SBF'd after Broodcomb 2.0 when switching to Liberty 0.4, but I did Factory reset.

On a side note, if I were to get Liberty Toolbox donation, would I have to SBF back to .340 before upgrading to 0.5? I think I read something about it being on the next leak of Gingerbread (I'm on .588).

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
Facebook App then Settings and the very last option is Sync Contacts.

This option has been blocked on gingerbread by google.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Maybe you should do some research...

FB sync works on gingerbread on most other phones, I can verify that it works on my OG droid with gingerbread.

For some reason moto blocked it because they want to force you into using the blur social app.

dmichelr

Reaction score

ssDroid

Reaction score
My Facebook account stopped syncing to my Charge 2 weeks ago. In the "Accounts and sync" settings, the FB entry stated that there was a problem syncing and it would be back shortly. About a week later, I couldn't sign into the FB app.

I tried uninstalling the Facebook app and the sync settings, with the intention of reinstalling them. Instead the problem persisted with the app and I couldn't even recreate the sync setting with FB and all my FB contacts and calendar events were gone from the phone.

The problem appears to have originated from the fact that the email accounts (both gmail) associated with my Droid and with my FB account were different. I changed my FB settings on my computer to reflect the gmail account I use for my Droid to be the primary for my FB account. Problem immediately solved.

Jubakuba

Reaction score
Liberty 0.8 and 0.9 both had this glitch...where you couldn't add a blur facebook account.
It's the sole reason I'm still on 0.7 (which allows blur facebook account syncing).

I've reminded Jrummy about this bug a couple of times via twitter...once via email...
And it was an active bug in my previously stickied "known bugs" thread.

Hopefully he addresses it...but he probably won't.
I miss Kejar for this reason...he at least made a slight effort to reply to bug reports and keep people updated on progress.
Jrummy refuses too...quite annoying.