Activating a Rooted Phone

Reaction score
I am about to go to Verizon and hook up a new line and give it to a friend. I of course am going to get the new phone and I am going to give her my current Brand new Galaxy S3, which is only like 2 weeks old (2 weeks and 1 day to be exact). and I am just gonna hook myself up on the new line and give her mine. My question is, can you hook up phones that are rooted/Rom'd. I believe you can, cause I hooked up my buddies phone temporarily a week or so ago, and it was a LG Revo with the Gingervolt ROM on it. and they gave me a new SIM card, hooked it up and i was ready to go. So I don't think their should be an issue. Any-thoughts ?

and yes I know this has been discussed over and over, but Galaxy Note 3 or LG G2 ? They are both amazing. But I want the one that has the best Dev work on it. and I do like the size of the Note 3. But I heard the LG G2 has a bit of a better camera, but I am not a huge photo taker, mostly just at parties, and when I am playing shows with my band I will have my GF take pics with my S3, and they turn out perfect. so I don't think that's a deal breaker for me. I have grown to love Galaxy phones and they seem to have the most Dev support.....So without getting to off topic from my main question, can I also hear some opinions. Willing to hear opinions outside of those two choices (as long as its not iPhone lol)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes you can.

I have sold many phones and bought many that have been rooted and ROM'd. The only thing you lose out with a rooted/ROM'd phone is your manufacturer's warranty.

I personally would go for the Note 3 for my own reasons, but they're both pretty good phones from what I've read.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Yes you can.

I have sold many phones and bought many that have been rooted and ROM'd. The only thing you lose out with a rooted/ROM'd phone is your manufacturer's warranty.

I personally would go for the Note 3 for my own reasons, but they're both pretty good phones from what I've read.

thanks bro, i figured as much

alexcool

Reaction score
I personally would go for the Note 3 for my own reasons too, and i do not think LG is better brand than samsung.