accepting ota frg22d with p3 kernel?

dmi518

Reaction score
i used easyroot to root my droid1frg01 about a week ago. i installed a p3 lv 250/1200 kernel. i am constantly getting the ota frg22d notification since Sunday. can i just unroot and it accept it with that kernel? sorry if this is a dumb question ,im a noob to this. i searched and couldnt find an answer. any help is greatly appreciated. id like to get the ota then root the right way.

OP
D

dmi518

Reaction score
i know i cant use easyroot again. i am more interested in knowing if a p3 kernel will effect the frg22d ota update if i let it through. but thanks

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the kernel has nothing to do with it, But if you accept that OTA without a custom recovery you WILL have BIG issues. Install SPR or CW then accept it and it will be blocked. One click root apps are big problem makers. If you want to do this whole thing right including root.

Link 3 in my sig, follow it exactly :)

OP
D

dmi518

Reaction score
i realize i should not have been lazy with rooting.lol.
so i cant install the update without having big problems? i would like to get it then root the right way.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i realize i should not have been lazy with rooting.lol.
so i cant install the update without having big problems? i would like to get it then root the right way.

You will have BIG PROBLEMS if you install the update! What is your end goal? The 22 Roms are MUCH better then 22 Stock IMO.

OP
D

dmi518

Reaction score
ok ,so for now block the ota and check out custom roms. im running frg01 anyway. and i can always go back to 2.1 clean and update if i want all stock?

OP
D

dmi518

Reaction score
thank you very much. wanna play with my droid1 til a 2ghz droid comes out