Custom ROM? Root? 2.1 OTA stock? Too many questions.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
in device selections make sure it is on auto detect

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also set 2 profiles; one for charging (550/250 recommended) and the other for fail safe (550/250 recommended)

TempMonitor app monitors cpu temperature as well as battery.

brochaos

Reaction score
Also set 2 profiles; one for charging (550/250 recommended) and the other for fail safe (550/250 recommended)

TempMonitor app monitors cpu temperature as well as battery.

awesome. just what i needed to know. gonna set that stuff up now.

i'm assuming after a reboot, the setcpu settings don't take effect until you run the program, UNLESS you have the set after boot checked, right?

also, what does the auto refresh do?

for what its worth, i had it set at 800/250 on the drive home, running maps and mlb, and when i got home, i checked the temp and it was only 30-32c....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
correct on set on boot box
as far as profiles it is just a safety method to ensure you dont burn up your phone.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
just to throw my 2cents in here. I ran Chevy's ROMs, BB, Cyanogen, and a few others. I must say running stock 2.1 rooted and OC'd is a nice relief. Everything works, no lag, no issues. The eye candy is nice for a while but getting caught up in the ROM mayhem and switching everytime something new and shint came out was getting tedious. I love this setup!! Like PC said, it'll be a while before i try something new.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brochaos

Reaction score
i'm right there with you man. when i was younger, i loved that stuff, but now, i just want it to work.

now that i've done it, i can finally start to give back to the community too.

just want to say thanks again to all those that helped. if you follow the directions carefully, everything will go as planned!

by the way, the OC seems to have helped reduce and almost totally eliminate the choppiness i had in my video recordings. then again, most of the lag/memory issues were due to using helix with 5 screens. stock 2.1 was fine, but obviously lacking in the features we were expecting.