How to block the OTA with a custom ROM droid

Reaction score
I found a how-to on this forum a month or so ago, but I wasnt rooted then So i dont remember everything, and searched and couldnt find it again.

Im rooted with a custom froyo rom and Im getting the 2.2 OTA update, it downloaded already and asks me once an hour or so, to do restart and install it. Im worried it will mess up my phone or install it automatically after I keep hitting install later. What do I do to block it permenently?

EbE404

Reaction score
I found a how-to on this forum a month or so ago, but I wasnt rooted then So i dont remember everything, and searched and couldnt find it again.

Im rooted with a custom froyo rom and Im getting the 2.2 OTA update, it downloaded already and asks me once an hour or so, to do restart and install it. Im worried it will mess up my phone or install it automatically after I keep hitting install later. What do I do to block it permenently?

If you have CW Recovery or SP Recovery flashed, accept the OTA. The Recovery will block it, reboot, and you're back to where you were with your custom ROM and done with the notification.