P3 Kernel Not reading CPU Temp in Tempmonitor

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was running LFY 1.6 with the P3 LV 250-1000Ghz kernel and had no issues with temp reading in tempmonitor. Switched to UD 8.0 - flashed exact same kernel file and haven't been able to get a temp reading on the CPU since.

Any ideas? I have seen others report the same issue, and some that say it works fine.

Specs on the kernel from setCPU:

Linux Version 2.6.32.9-P3Droid
(pierce@MyDroidWorld) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) )
#158 PREEMPT Sat Aug 28 07:22:40 MST 2010

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I've been using Chevy's kernels for a while and they read the CPU temp as well. I did try P3 kernel to see if it would make my phone run cooler and extend the battery life, but it made my phone run several degrees hotter on average. So I never got around to testing the battery life.

Check out Chevy's kernels.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i never got cpu readings from p3 kernels, dont think there coded for it. never hear that they were set up for it.

OP
vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i never got cpu readings from p3 kernels, dont think there coded for it. never hear that they were set up for it.

P3 does have CPU temp support. As a matter of fact, according to the site, P3 kernels are the "ONLY KERNEL ENDORSED BY (the new) TEMPMONITOR"

I'm also running the same P3 Kernel that I ran with Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.6 and it reported CPU temps reported fine.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I just had the same problem today. Flashed to the LV 250-1000 kernel and cant read cpu temps. I will try some things and report back if I find anything. I seem to remember seeing this problem before but cant remember how I solved it.

OP
vbhokiefan

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I flashed both Chevy and Slayher kernels to test.

Both reported CPU Temps, but my phone doesn't like either. Phone just runs too hot with too many temp spikes. I've experienced this across several ROMs.

Might give jdlfg kernels a go just to see what happens. Really wish I could figure out what is up with P3's tho. :-(

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I should note that I was coming from the LV 250-800 kernel that worked fine with temp monitoring. The only change I made was the kernel.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Looking at P3's forum in mydroidworld, there are a few recent reports of this same problem all dated within the last few days. My speculation is that the newest kernels released have a problem in their temp monitoring.