About done with this phone.. Messaging troubles

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score
Its not only the screen, its the support u get when U have a problem, I called 3 times about the screen, and got different answers every time. You can text people. Games are actually fun. ect

Now you're just sounding like a troll....

You're upset that you dropped the phone and broke the screen, and it's somehow VZW/Moto's fault that you wont cough up your insurance deductible?

I text people, I have fun games. I also have 4 bars in places my AT&T friends have 0. See how subjective things are? I'm sorry you're unhappy with your phone, but it honestly sounds like 99% of your problems are YOUR FAULT.

It's not a big deal, this phone isnt for everyone.

Lol. You're so incorrect.

The use of the word "troll" is immature and starts drama. So refrain from using it.

Im simply upset about this, I guess I got the dud of the phones, and everyone else got something I didnt?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score

The use of the word "troll" is immature and starts drama. So refrain from using it.

Im simply upset about this, I guess I got the dud of the phones, and everyone else got something I didnt?

I didnt call you a troll, I said you were sounding troll-like. You're upset, we get it. But I dont see anything here that indicates that it's anything more than upset user error...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with LtKen - the iPhone will shatter too. I slipped on an icy driveway in February and my Droid flew out of my right hand and landed face down on a concrete walkway. No cracked screen that time. If it landed a slightly different way, yes, very possibly it would have cracked. Do I carry insurance - heck yea. I am going to go out on a limb and say you didn't carry insurance. Therefore you can't get a replacement from Asurion, therefore your phone is the culprit for your text message issues. I send and receive over 2,000 messages on average a month. Do I ever have issues, very rarely. I'm not sure if you're looking for a lot of others to agree with you about the Droid or not, but I can assure you that most people are reading your messages and shaking their head or scratching it in disbelief.

I will take a picture of my phone if u really don't believe it shattered. It was from one drop. I was sitting on a chair when camping, it fell out of my pocket, picked it up and it was shattered. Yes I have insurance.
Oh, I believe it got shattered, never a doubt there. I've seen others with shattered screens who have posted pictures. None of them later blamed their broken screens for any text messaging problems. If you're not going to spend the $90 to get a replacement, then well, you'll have to look for a phone on eBay or Craigslist. However, I can almost guarantee you'll be spending a lot more than $90 unless you get a Moto Razr or something.

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score
We believe it's shattered, we just dont believe that it's the phone's fault, or that the iPhone is immune to shattering.

If you're "broke and in college" wouldnt an $89 deductible be cheaper than a $250 ETF and a new contract?

I thought of it as, I pay 89 get a new one, and it breaks again within a few months, or pay 250 and stay out of harms way.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not only the screen, its the support u get when U have a problem, I called 3 times about the screen, and got different answers every time. You can text people. Games are actually fun. ect

You're upset that you dropped the phone and broke the screen, and it's somehow VZW/Moto's fault that you wont cough up your insurance deductible?

I text people, I have fun games. I also have 4 bars in places my AT&T friends have 0. See how subjective things are? I'm sorry you're unhappy with your phone, but it honestly sounds like 99% of your problems are YOUR FAULT.

If I'd have thought LtKen called you a troll, I'd have taken action. You did not get a dud phone. If your phone was unwrapped with a broken screen, then things would be different. You dropped it while camping, it unfortunately is not the phone's problem.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We believe it's shattered, we just dont believe that it's the phone's fault, or that the iPhone is immune to shattering.

If you're "broke and in college" wouldnt an $89 deductible be cheaper than a $250 ETF and a new contract?

I thought of it as, I pay 89 get a new one, and it breaks again within a few months, or pay 250 and stay out of harms way.
And the iPhone won't break??????

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score

If I'd have thought LtKen called you a troll, I'd have taken action. You did not get a dud phone. If your phone was unwrapped with a broken screen, then things would be different. You dropped it while camping, it unfortunately is not the phone's problem.

I don't think you all are understanding what im saying. That was just one little portion of this thread. and I wasn't blaming the phone for breaking itself. I was just surprised to see how weak the screen was for how much I payed.

But back to the point. My messaging app keeps foreclosing. Can anyone help or are you going to continue to try and impress people by "name calling"

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score

And the iPhone won't break??????

I personally have never seen a shattered Iphone. Im sure it happens..but from 1 drop 3 feet high? No.

My friend drops his all of the time, and he has nothing. And in addition the cases make it strong, and aren't the size of a book.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't think you all are understanding what im saying. That was just one little portion of this thread. and I wasn't blaming the phone for breaking itself. I was just surprised to see how weak the screen was for how much I payed.

But back to the point. My messaging app keeps foreclosing. Can anyone help or are you going to continue to try and impress people by "name calling"
Well, I don't recall what name I called you. I had a dropping experience with my Droid where the screen did not shatter. I think for the price it did very well with the fall onto the concrete.

What messaging app are you using? What settings do you have? What is your signal strength? is it SMS or MMS messages? Is it incoming or outgoing messages? Are you in extended coverage area? Are you having issues daily or just tonight? When's the last time you power cycled your phone? These are the probing questions I'd have asked you if you called me when I worked at the VZW call center.

Jokerz

Reaction score
Have you tried a different messaging app besides the stock one?(Handcent or Chompsms)

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score

Well, I don't recall what name I called you. I had a dropping experience with my Droid where the screen did not shatter. I think for the price it did very well with the fall onto the concrete.

What messaging app are you using? What settings do you have? What is your signal strength? is it SMS or MMS messages? Is it incoming or outgoing messages? Are you in extended coverage area? Are you having issues daily or just tonight? When's the last time you power cycled your phone? These are the probing questions I'd have asked you if you called me when I worked at the VZW call center.

its the default messaging, Signal strength is fine. Sms. I can't open messaging at all. No. it started this morning. I tried power cycling.

Jokerz

Reaction score
nvm Vulcan asked all the questions i was gonna ask while i was typing my first post lol

Jokerz

Reaction score
Is there any way that you can uninstall and reinstall the stock messaging app?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nvm Vulcan asked all the questions i was gonna ask while i was typing my first post lol
LOL sorry!

Pigness, maybe there's a tower issue in your area. Have you done the *228 option 2 lately? It updates your PRL. It could also help if you removed your Droid battery with the phone turned on. Leave the battery out for about 30 seconds and put it back in.

Are you running the stock app? I highly recommend Handcent if you're still on the stock application.