About done with this phone.. Messaging troubles

pigness

Reaction score
So I've had my droid since sept. and It has been nothing but troubles.

I slide it open, wires get loose screen turns off.
I drop it once, screen shatters.
I add someone to contacts, go to enter their name in messaging to text them, number isn't there.
Now that the screens broken, it clicks random stuff when ever, I some how called someone, and sent them a text saying " FWE234214114f" while the phone was in my pocket.
Now, every time I open messaging, just the ol' default one, it forecloses, I press report. the phone freezes. So now I have a phone that I can't text on, can't use the touch screen, can't browse at all.

I'm switching to At&t next month and getting the iphone

But until then, is anyone else having the same problem with messaging at the moment? thanks.

-Ryan

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a jerk but all of that sounds like user error. I can't say that I've ever had any of those problems. Also if you broke the screen, why didn't you get a replacement phone?

hobby31

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about all your problems. I haven't had any of these. My droid has been rock solid. I carry it in my pocket most of the time and it has never called or texted someone out of no where. You say you've had it since september but i'm quite sure it didn't come out until november. i got mine in november a week after they came out.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, how did you get a Droid in September? Second, is it the phone's fault for the broken screen? If your main emphasis is texting, I'd suggest you consider an enV type phone. The Droid is much more than just for texting.

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score
I don't want to sound like a jerk but all of that sounds like user error. I can't say that I've ever had any of those problems. Also if you broke the screen, why didn't you get a replacement phone?
because it's 89$ and im in college lol.

Sorry to hear about all your problems. I haven't had any of these. My droid has been rock solid. I carry it in my pocket most of the time and it has never called or texted someone out of no where. You say you've had it since september but i'm quite sure it didn't come out until november. i got mine in november a week after they came out.

Its the broken screen that makes it call people and text people.. and click random stuff ect.

And yeah I meant November.

First of all, how did you get a Droid in September? Second, is it the phone's fault for the broken screen? If your main emphasis is texting, I'd suggest you consider an enV type phone. The Droid is much more than just for texting.

Well seeing how my friend has dropped his Iphone a ton of times and all they get is marked, and I drop it once and it shatters, I guess I just expected better for how expensive it was. And no you interpreted the whole meaning of this incorrectly. I didn't get this phone just to text, but seeing how many other things it can do, I would think it could at least text properly, I have been trying to open my messaging for an hour and a half now, still foreclosing.

kaboyd

Reaction score
I have to say I'm very impressed with the durability of my phone. I have dropped it many times from up to 4 foot of the pavement with no major damage. If you add someone to your contact list you need to make sure the number is listed as a cell number and not a home number. That is probably why they aren't showing up when you try to text them.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
You realize that not all phone dropping incidents are the same? I've seen tons of broken iPhone screens....

As far as your texting problems, it sounds like you're not locking it before you put it in your pocket.

If you think that changing phones will help, then have fun.

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score
You realize that not all phone dropping incidents are the same? I've seen tons of broken iPhone screens....

Its not only the screen, its the support u get when U have a problem, I called 3 times about the screen, and got different answers every time. You can text people. Games are actually fun. ect

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
So I've had my droid since sept. and It has been nothing but troubles.

I slide it open, wires get loose screen turns off.
I drop it once, screen shatters.
I add someone to contacts, go to enter their name in messaging to text them, number isn't there.
Now that the screens broken, it clicks random stuff when ever, I some how called someone, and sent them a text saying " FWE234214114f" while the phone was in my pocket.
Now, every time I open messaging, just the ol' default one, it forecloses, I press report. the phone freezes. So now I have a phone that I can't text on, can't use the touch screen, can't browse at all.

I'm switching to At&t next month and getting the iphone

But until then, is anyone else having the same problem with messaging at the moment? thanks.

-Ryan

Im with everyone else, I dropped my phone off our second story balcony and only got a ding mark and some scratches, phone has never had any of those problems software wise unless I try to install DE :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

And why would you switch to a worse network? just get a different phone if you feel you must. And youre gonna pay a helluva lot more than $89 for a decent iPhone....

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with LtKen - the iPhone will shatter too. I slipped on an icy driveway in February and my Droid flew out of my right hand and landed face down on a concrete walkway. No cracked screen that time. If it landed a slightly different way, yes, very possibly it would have cracked. Do I carry insurance - heck yea. I am going to go out on a limb and say you didn't carry insurance. Therefore you can't get a replacement from Asurion, therefore your phone is the culprit for your text message issues. I send and receive over 2,000 messages on average a month. Do I ever have issues, very rarely. I'm not sure if you're looking for a lot of others to agree with you about the Droid or not, but I can assure you that most people are reading your messages and shaking their head or scratching it in disbelief.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its not only the screen, its the support u get when U have a problem, I called 3 times about the screen, and got different answers every time. You can text people. Games are actually fun. ect

Now you're just sounding like a troll....

You're upset that you dropped the phone and broke the screen, and it's somehow VZW/Moto's fault that you wont cough up your insurance deductible?

I text people, I have fun games. I also have 4 bars in places my AT&T friends have 0. See how subjective things are? I'm sorry you're unhappy with your phone, but it honestly sounds like 99% of your problems are YOUR FAULT.

It's not a big deal, this phone isnt for everyone.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The answer is if you broke the screen and you don't have insurance, well is it the phone's fault, or the person using the phone? They will not be replacing your phone due to you dropping it and breaking the screen.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Now you're just sounding like a troll....

You're upset that you dropped the phone and broke the screen, and it's somehow VZW/Moto's fault that you wont cough up your insurance deductible?

I text people, I have fun games. I also have 4 bars in places my AT&T friends have 0. See how subjective things are? I'm sorry you're unhappy with your phone, but it honestly sounds like 99% of your problems are YOUR FAULT.

It's not a big deal, this phone isnt for everyone.
Agreed. Sounds like the O.P. needs a more simple phone. Maybe a Boulder, they are sturdy phones.

OP
P

pigness

Reaction score
I agree with LtKen - the iPhone will shatter too. I slipped on an icy driveway in February and my Droid flew out of my right hand and landed face down on a concrete walkway. No cracked screen that time. If it landed a slightly different way, yes, very possibly it would have cracked. Do I carry insurance - heck yea. I am going to go out on a limb and say you didn't carry insurance. Therefore you can't get a replacement from Asurion, therefore your phone is the culprit for your text message issues. I send and receive over 2,000 messages on average a month. Do I ever have issues, very rarely. I'm not sure if you're looking for a lot of others to agree with you about the Droid or not, but I can assure you that most people are reading your messages and shaking their head or scratching it in disbelief.

I will take a picture of my phone if u really don't believe it shattered. It was from one drop. I was sitting on a chair when camping, it fell out of my pocket, picked it up and it was shattered. Yes I have insurance.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
We believe it's shattered, we just dont believe that it's the phone's fault, or that the iPhone is immune to shattering.

If you're "broke and in college" wouldnt an $89 deductible be cheaper than a $250 ETF and a new contract?