About done with this phone.. Messaging troubles

texasPI

Reaction score
So I've had my droid since sept. and It has been nothing but troubles.

I slide it open, wires get loose screen turns off.
I drop it once, screen shatters.
I add someone to contacts, go to enter their name in messaging to text them, number isn't there.
Now that the screens broken, it clicks random stuff when ever, I some how called someone, and sent them a text saying " FWE234214114f" while the phone was in my pocket.
Now, every time I open messaging, just the ol' default one, it forecloses, I press report. the phone freezes. So now I have a phone that I can't text on, can't use the touch screen, can't browse at all.

I'm switching to At&t next month and getting the iphone

But until then, is anyone else having the same problem with messaging at the moment? thanks.

-Ryan

Well, if you didn't have the cracked screen you could have it replaced under warranty. But quit posturing, ok? If you really do have insurance then you expect us to believe that you'd rather pay an ETF fee rather than the deductible that is less? Or that you'd pay for the iphone (whatever its cost) rather than the insurance deductible? Finally, did all these issues start before or after the shattered screen?

its.mike

Reaction score
I thought of it as, I pay 89 get a new one, and it breaks again within a few months, or pay 250 and stay out of harms way.
And the iPhone won't break??????

I personally have never seen a shattered Iphone. Im sure it happens..but from 1 drop 3 feet high? No.

My friend drops his all of the time, and he has nothing. And in addition the cases make it strong, and aren't the size of a book.
Before I got my droid in February I had an iPhone. It was winter here in N.E. Ohio and getting out of my car my phone was on my lap. Guess what happened when I went to stand up. iPhone met my driveway. It ended up shattering the LCD and the Digitizer, all this from under a 3 foot fall.

So yes iPhone's just like Droid's will break if you drop them on the ground. Will it happen everytime, maybe not but it happens.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Ahh.. I just love it when I go camping and hear another camp yell out "anyone got a verizon phone" lol

"have no fear, the droid is here"

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know the iphone is less durable. My brother broke his and I know people who broke theres. The screen cost around 50-60 bucks for you to do it your self. Add another 20 for someone to hook it up for you.
For the dropped screen the solution is the same as the iphone, get a strong case. If you know you work in an area where it can fall often get a otterbox.

Now for the phone freezing. Are you running an auto task killer if so remove it.
Are you running a home replacement app, some home apps will cause problems.
I am bad about fat fingering the onscreen keyboard so I either use the physical or install a custom keyboard.
For messaging I prefer handscent.
We are here to help. If you would like to learn about your device, ask.