a Good Calendar?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
My Wife has gotten in to using her calendar on her Samsung ... Its nice looking. Month at a glance and little icons etc. Ours is pretty Military. Been there done that. What's a good one?

1coopgt

Reaction score
I use Pure Grid Calendar.
Screenshot_2015-01-15-18-09-54.png

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
aCalendar Plus for me.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is Google Calendar the one that is stock on the DT? The ACalendar is a little easier to see than my stock.
I guess its all a matter of what one gets used to using. Ive never been one to use a calendar...... trying to get used to it and feel as though that will then become my norm so sorta want to pick the right one up front.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is Google Calendar the one that is stock on the DT? The ACalendar is a little easier to see than my stock.
I guess its all a matter of what one gets used to using. Ive never been one to use a calendar...... trying to get used to it and feel as though that will then become my norm so sorta want to pick the right one up front.
Not sure if they went with the Google Calendar on the DT or not. Easiest way to tell would be to search and find it in the play store. It'll tell you right there if it's installed.

I don't use the calendar a ton myself. I have some reoccuring bills in there, reminder to change contacts, reminder about the days we put the recycling out.

However, I setup a shared calendar, so my fiance puts her work schedule in (it varies a bit) and anything to do with my stepson (school programs, appointments, days that we'll have him that we usually don't), so that's on there too.

The thing I didn't like about the Samsung calendar was the widget, which is the main way I interact with mine. I want to be able to see what's coming up. She liked the entire month widget, but it feels cluttered to me and you have to pick a day to actually see what's on the books for that day.

With the Google Calendar "agenda (think that's what it's called)" widget, it lists events one after another for a week or two and I can scroll and quickly see what's up. Of course, I've used this widget for a number of years, so you've got a good point about what you become comfortable with/used to using. I used the Samsung month widget on my s4 for quite a time, but I just couldn't do it anymore. The other is way more convenient.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Google Calendar is not the default. The default has no particular identifier. In About phone is just referenced by the version number.
683fdad717cc151fe50a310eed7f0b79.jpg

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, No. Just looked and as stated not the default. Downloaded it. I have to have Month view.
Deleting.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Goes to show everyone's preference differs. I assume you mean a month view widget though, because there's a month view within the app itself. I prefer a week at a time though.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I did indeed make a screen calendar page with the widget. We shall see whether or not a Calendar becomes a tool...... fortunately, I'm really not all that "planned out" anymore that I need a calendar but we'll see.
Thanks to everyone for the help.