Calendar sharing

Michaelgrovel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Blackberry DTEK50
Hi,
This is my first post having just moved to Android. My wife and I need to share our calendars. We both have Blackberry Android phones and I have successfully set up sharing our Google calendars on our laptops. My phone picks up the calendar entries from my laptop OK but not those from my wife. When I set up the share from her laptop I got a message from Gmail saying that the share had been set up but when I tried to access her calendar it only allowed the desktop version which is useless on a phone. So the question is how to share the calendars on laptops and phones so that the phone version reads the destop version on all four devices?
All advice appreciated.

Michael

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You'll need to go into the calendar app settings and make sure you can see the shared calendar. If you can it may need to be synced.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
What he said plus you will need to enable her calendar. I think it's in the settings menu or the main menu in the app.... you will want to make sure her calendar is selected so you can view it on your calendar. My husband and I have ours set up the same way.

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

OP
M

Michaelgrovel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Blackberry DTEK50
Thanks. I've looked in the phone calender settings and can't see anything here. Presumably you mean that I should go 'Settings' then ' Accounts and calendar folders'. In there I see my own gmail address then buttons for Events, Contacts, Holidays and Events again. I'm not very tecky, so could you advise what to do next so that I can see my wifes phone calendar? Thanks so far.
Michael

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thanks. I've looked in the phone calender settings and can't see anything here. Presumably you mean that I should go 'Settings' then ' Accounts and calendar folders'. In there I see my own gmail address then buttons for Events, Contacts, Holidays and Events again. I'm not very tecky, so could you advise what to do next so that I can see my wifes phone calendar? Thanks so far.
Michael
Go to calendar, do you see 3 bars at the top?

0872ee53f0fe57b5295055a49c8822ed.jpg

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Go to the bottom click on settings. Do you see the shared calendar? Click on it. Does it show sync as highlighted?

df1a43fe36002ffb0d99dbf4f24fe873.jpg

OP
M

Michaelgrovel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Blackberry DTEK50
No, I don't see the shared calendar listed anywhere on that page. Top of the page is Accounts and calendar folders but I don't see it in there either.My own gmail account is top of the list on that next page.

OP
M

Michaelgrovel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Blackberry DTEK50
OK I now see how to add my wife's Gmail account and have done that.Now I can see her calendar. Thank you very much for your help.

Michael

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
OK I now see how to add my wife's Gmail account and have done that.Now I can see her calendar. Thank you very much for your help.

Michael
If it's properly shared you shouldn't need to add her Gmail account to your phone.

I have a bunch of group calendars shared without their emails.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When I set this up for myself & my wife, I actually created a new calendar for us to share. So we each still have our own separate calendars that we can put reminders & things that the other one doesn't need to see in there.

You can see in my menu after I tapped the 3 lines that I have Events & etc as available calendars to view. The one called "Jon & Holly" is our shared one. "Events" is my personal one. When I go to create an event, I have the option of selecting either.

4e2bb11f9b22e41185eb1113c4996516.jpg

If you added her account to your phone, you're not properly sharing the calendar. You can just see it because her account is on your phone. My wife's account(s) are only on her phone (& tablet) & mine are only on my devices.

How did you go about sharing the calendars on the computer? Do you both use the same login name & password on the computer? Or are you separate users? Because if you're using the same login name, I'd bet your not actually sharing calendars on the computer either...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk