6 Straight Hours With The Bionic In The Wild

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I left the house today at 100% to take my twin 8 year olds out for Saturday fun.

I had to drop my son off at a birthday party (go kart racing) and then I took my daughter to Dave and Busters.

By the way I went from places where I barely got 3g to getting 4g without a problem and back.

In order to get there I used the display and Navigation for about 1 1/2 hours. Using Navigation made my cars built in Nav system look like a toy. I spoke where I wanted to go by address first and it got my straight there. Only complaint is it's not very loud. However the directions were perfect. When going from there to Dave & Busters I just said Dave & Busters and it took me straight there. Then I used it to get back to my son and then home.

I also used the phone to text, check mail, etc.. while out.

At dinner I had it on playing with live wallpapers for my daughter - she found the Beautiful Live Weather which I had never seen and now it's my wallpaper - it's fantastic. The blades of grass move, the sun and moon move according to day and the weather changes and you can pop the clouds by touching them.

Then I went to pick my son up and the party was still going - I took about 10 pictures - and yeah it was slow and blurry for some, I will be looking for a better picture app.

It was my sons turn to race the carts so I decided to use the high def video for the first time ever. I was ASTOUNDED! The zoom was easy to use and when I finished the 40 minutes of video the battery was down to about 30%. Then I played the video and a bunch of kids surrounded me - the quality was unbelievable. For as hard as the camera is to use the video is easy, self focusing and the color and detail is stunning!

No way I could do any of the above with my OG droid. So generally I am happy with the battery life. I did find when it got under 30% it dropped faster than I expected.

Now I need to find where to find the video's I took so I can move them to my computer... I can't seem to do it and it's driving me nuts.

therock

Reaction score
Being you use the Navigation I wonder if you would connect a car charger while running it and see if it can keep up. The HTC EVO 4G had a problem keeping up plugged in.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I couldn't be happier with this phone. I live in a 4G area and it is unbelievable how much faster it is than 3g. Battery life is not what it was on the OG droid but I knew that going in and got a 2nd battery which really comes in handy I spent a ton of time downloading music, making ringtones, getting apps and aside from a brief period where 4G went out everything worked so smoothly.

I am doing the zumocast thing now and I am anxious to see how this works.

therock

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm looking for those who run Navigation for long periods and to note if the battery level loses ground, holds its ground, or gains ground by topping off the charge while running it. A good way to start would be with a battery @ 40% to begin with.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I was well under 40% when I started.. I believe I was under 15%.
Battery stayed stable, did not gain nor lose. So basically, the charger gives enough power to run nav.. no more.

Al Neri

Reaction score
Even the zumocast is pretty cool. Only took a few minutes to set up. Now I can access all the music on my computer in itunes.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't get Zumocast to work on my documents or play music. I guess my documents is locked on my computer.

As far as the Navigation on the way home I plugged it in at 20% and it was very close to that when I got home.

I purposely didn't plug it in for the other 1 1/2 hours to see how the battery would fare. I was impressed - the OG Droid would last 10 minutes and explode.

Anyone else notice this gets hot?