Downloads on Bionic

dkend99

Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question but here it goes anyway. I'm having a hard time finding my downloads. I just downloaded a video from the internet and now I can't find where it got stored. It showed up in the drop down but when I cleared the notification box I can't find the download. I assumed it would be stored in the "downloads" app that came pre installed on the phone, but its not there. Its also not in the video app. This is the first time I've "lost" a download. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jpnestel

Reaction score
Download a file explorer like astro file manager and go to sdcard/download (not sdcard-ext). It should be there

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question but here it goes anyway. I'm having a hard time finding my downloads. I just downloaded a video from the internet and now I can't find where it got stored. It showed up in the drop down but when I cleared the notification box I can't find the download. I assumed it would be stored in the "downloads" app that came pre installed on the phone, but its not there. Its also not in the video app. This is the first time I've "lost" a download. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

When you get the file manager you need to keep in mind that if you use an alternative browser (xScope, Opera, Maxthon, etc.) the file may be in a downloads folder in the browser's folder.

Good luck.

Batman8

Reaction score
Downloads are generally stored in either the "download" or "downloads" folder. Both of them are at the root of your internal memory or at the root of your SD card depending on what type of phone you are using. Otherwise, there are some apps that are made to download files and therefore creates a special directory to store them, and usually it will be named after the app itself or the name of the company that makes the app.

Hopefully this info helps.

OP
D

dkend99

Reaction score
When you get the file manager you need to keep in mind that if you use an alternative browser (xScope, Opera, Maxthon, etc.) the file may be in a downloads folder in the browser's folder.

Good luck.

Thank you. I'm using Boat Browser and the downloads were in that folder. Thanks again.