[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

Reaction score
Downloaded on my Pro and flashed at lunch. Course I'm CDMA on Verizon so not seeing a lot of changes this time but I have to say this is stable as anything I've used. Been running it exclusively since the first alpha release and use my phone for everything. Great work! Get that camera worked out and it will be absolutely perfect.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

die

Reaction score
Thanks for the GSM data, when you restart the phone again,goes into the mode of CDMA, how to fix it? Also, when dialing a number in the standard dialer, it falls to a bug in the ability to make some cases. The camera is work? I have crashes.

Once again, thank you very much!

Last edited:

wykjacky

Reaction score
Downloaded on my Pro and flashed at lunch. Course I'm CDMA on Verizon so not seeing a lot of changes this time but I have to say this is stable as anything I've used. Been running it exclusively since the first alpha release and use my phone for everything. Great work! Get that camera worked out and it will be absolutely perfect.

Flashed the new build.
GSM data is working now. Thanks for the hardwork!!

There is still a number of problem :

1. the phone is reverted back to CDMA mode after reboot.

2. I tried to call my Droid Pro with a land line, but my Droid Pro would not ring!! So basically, the phone will not ring with any incoming call.

3. I experienced a number of hangs while I played around with the phone and resulted in removing the battery to reboot to phone. I don;t know what cause the problem as I didnt see any FC so far.

Reaction score
Flashed the new build.
GSM data is working now. Thanks for the hardwork!!

There is still a number of problem :

1. the phone is reverted back to CDMA mode after reboot.

2. I tried to call my Droid Pro with a land line, but my Droid Pro would not ring!! So basically, the phone will not ring with any incoming call.

3. I experienced a number of hangs while I played around with the phone and resulted in removing the battery to reboot to phone. I don;t know what cause the problem as I didnt see any FC so far.

I'm not experiencing either of the issues described in 2 and 3. Wonder what the difference is. In fact I just had someone call me to make sure the phone was ringing and it worked perfectly.

On a side note, when I first bought this phone Verizon had a trial app on it that showed the city and state a call originated from that deactivated after about a week unless you paid extra for it. I noticed yesterday that when I got a call from a number not in my contacts list that the location was showing on the screen. Is this a new feature in ICS?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
The only problem that I've had (and this happened occasionally on previous builds also) is that my phone will sometimes stay dark when I am in a call.

In other words, when the call is over, I can't hang up. I have to pull the battery and restart the phone. I've only made one call since updating, so I don't have a good sample to go off of, but it was a relatively rare occurrence on previous builds (probably 5%).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, new boot animation is cool.

Last edited:
OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The only problem that I've had (and this happened occasionally on previous builds also) is that my phone will sometimes stay dark when I am in a call.

In other words, when the call is over, I can't hang up. I have to pull the battery and restart the phone. I've only made one call since updating, so I don't have a good sample to go off of, but it was a relatively rare occurrence on previous builds (probably 5%).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, new boot animation is cool.

Could it be a bad prox sensor?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ngtwolf

Reaction score
New build seems usable, Thanks! I can also confirm that the GSM resets to CDMA after reboot, so it's probably just not saving that setting in any permanent place. The other random items I notice are that it will reboot randomly for no apparent reason as well as the phone app sometimes force closes but works when I reopen it. On one occasion of the force close it completely reset back to CDMA.

One item I noticed that may be CM9 related, not sure, is that it doesn't use the ringtones/alarms/notifications from the sdcard media folder (so no custom ringtones). I checked on my captivate's version of CM9 and it seems to work there, so i'm not sure if they it was fixed after the fact by the captivate developers or just missing from ours.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
The most recent build seems to be more laggy than the previous builds. Maybe it's just my phone. Also, my phone is charging extremely slow. I left it on the charger for about 6 hours or so last night...woke up this morning to find it at 37%.

Reaction score
One item I noticed that may be CM9 related, not sure, is that it doesn't use the ringtones/alarms/notifications from the sdcard media folder (so no custom ringtones). I checked on my captivate's version of CM9 and it seems to work there, so i'm not sure if they it was fixed after the fact by the captivate developers or just missing from ours.

May be something in your settings. Mine is using several different custom ringtones.

ngtwolf

Reaction score
May be something in your settings. Mine is using several different custom ringtones.

Hmm, I'm talking about the Settings/Sound menu where you can set the default Ringtone and Notification. Since you mentioned using 'several different custom ringtones' I assume you are talking about the contacts application? I didn't try there so maybe it works in that section. I just had to reimage back so I can't check. The phone app kept crashing and reverting back to CDMA. The few times I got the calls to work, I could hear incoming but outgoing didn't work (I tried calling voicemail - the recording didn't work but the button selections did).

Oh well, at least we're making significant progress. :)

Last edited:

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm talking about the Settings/Sound menu where you can set the default Ringtone and Notification. Since you mentioned using 'several different custom ringtones' I assume you are talking about the contacts application? I didn't try there so maybe it works in that section. I just had to reimage back so I can't check. The phone app kept crashing and reverting back to CDMA. The few times I got the calls to work, I could hear incoming but outgoing didn't work (I tried calling voicemail - the recording didn't work but the button selections did).

Oh well, at least we're making significant progress. :)

Did you try wiping data?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm making a new build now. Using new code for the phone from the sts dev team. I was able to switch from GSM to cdma without force closing. Also fixing what broke YouTube

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I'm making a new build now. Using new code for the phone from the sts dev team. I was able to switch from GSM to cdma without force closing. Also fixing what broke YouTube

I'm a CDMA user, so the recent builds haven't changed that much for me, but I still get pumped when I see we have a new one. Looking forward to it.