[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

aiamuzz

Reaction score

Compressor

Reaction score
desterly jackpotklavin and where you ended up? because they all disappear? let us know something about your rom

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Hi,
Looooooong time since any action here ... anyways thanks for a stable daily ROM ...

Anybody else facing problem with flash player ? In spite of having flash installed ... flash content not being displayed ...

Also I am unable to access flash player app from google play ... I was able to until sometime back updates were happening regularly too, but not anymore ... does that mean flash support to our device has stopped too ?

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

ThatsTheEnd

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am totally new to android, but bought the motorola droid pro because I really like the qwerty keyboard and rest of the moto hardware. As I noticed and read often enough in this threat the software really sucks, though! Since I am using a European version, I am still stuck at Froyo. So my question: since there is a lot of stuff to do and this threat is already really long and very confusing for a beginner - I read through (nearly all of it!), could some give me a short how to get ICS running on my phone? My device is running:
Androidversion: 2.2.2 (German)
Baseband:N01.1B.03R
Kernel:2.6.32.9-g167279c
Buils: V2U_3.4.2-179

I really appreciate any helpful answer!
Thanks,
TTE

jago25_98

Reaction score
I haven't touched the ROM on mine for a long time. the reason for this is that I came to the conclusion that ICS is still unstable so I stuck with GB, but I have the USA version.

can't help anymore than that but GB on the EU version should work by following my thread.

sorry can't offer much help to all the people asking but I haven't used the phone in months

mortimermax

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am totally new to android, but bought the motorola droid pro because I really like the qwerty keyboard and rest of the moto hardware. As I noticed and read often enough in this threat the software really sucks, though! Since I am using a European version, I am still stuck at Froyo. So my question: since there is a lot of stuff to do and this threat is already really long and very confusing for a beginner - I read through (nearly all of it!), could some give me a short how to get ICS running on my phone? My device is running:
Androidversion: 2.2.2 (German)
Baseband:N01.1B.03R
Kernel:2.6.32.9-g167279c
Buils: V2U_3.4.2-179

I really appreciate any helpful answer!
Thanks,
TTE

IMO you are better off looking at the CM7 builds. The DroidPro is just not enough phone for ICS, especially with an outdated kernel and the locked bootloader. I've run newer builds of CM9 for DP with hardware acceleration, and it just still isn't quick enough to run smoothly for a daily phone. The CM7 build is pretty much 100% stable and working now. It stinks to be on an older build, but we are on an older phone.

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Hi JC,

Its sad that motorola is not adding older devices to their bootloader unlock proj ... seems like this has discouraged all devs for our Droid Pro's on whatever developments were on ... (like ur CM7, CM9, Gummy, ...)

Is it possible for u to comeback and complete your CM9 ROM for things its missing ... primarily a fully working camera ... and if its not too much to ask ... HWA ...

Living without HWA is still ok but without a working video camera life is really difficult ... especially when one needs to capture an important video or a video call over the skype's and the video messenger's ...

Really hoping u wud consider this request.

Thank you once again for ur valuable contribution to the droid pro community

Thanks.

alexhdkn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X
Hi JC,

Its sad that motorola is not adding older devices to their bootloader unlock proj ... seems like this has discouraged all devs for our Droid Pro's on whatever developments were on ... (like ur CM7, CM9, Gummy, ...)

Is it possible for u to comeback and complete your CM9 ROM for things its missing ... primarily a fully working camera ... and if its not too much to ask ... HWA ...

Living without HWA is still ok but without a working video camera life is really difficult ... especially when one needs to capture an important video or a video call over the skype's and the video messenger's ...

Really hoping u wud consider this request.

Thank you once again for ur valuable contribution to the droid pro community

Thanks.

just go there mate, im asking this devteam : MadTeam to develop a rom for our pro just go there and do a request [Requests] Rom Porting - MADTeam Forum

prouser

Reaction score
I've been using this a few days and it works great, thank you for all your hard work on this.

CountYoungWorm

Reaction score
Continue to get E signature not recognized, what should I do. I have a rooted Droid Pro 2.3.4 should I try installing cm7 first?