5.9.904 Stock Bloated Rooted Safestrap Backup

projektorboy

Reaction score
I figured there might be a few people who could find this useful. I created a Safestrap backup of stock rooted bloated non-deodexed 5.9.904 for whoever wants it. Just drop it into a folder of your choosing inside the "backups" folder inside your safestrap folder. When you boot into Safestrap and choose Restore you should be able to choose it.

This backup was made in Safestrap 1.07.

I made this by doing the following:

(1) FXZ to .902
(2) Booted fully.
(3) Rebooted into stock recovery, wiped data & cache, applied .904
(4) Allowed .904 to boot fully.
(5) Rooted with Motofail
(6) Installed Safestrap 1.07 via ADB
(7) Booted into Safestrap
(8) Wiped Data, Cache, and Dalvik
(9) Performed the Backup, saying No to webtop and Yes to keeping systemorig.

Since this NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP you'll need to manually wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik if you use this. After you restore, you should be dropped right into the Setup Wizard.

This could be handy if someone wants to start from close to scratch without doing an entire FXZ.

Also, you may want to do an Advanced Restore and restoring only /SYSTEM, as I think that the SYSTEMORIG in there may overwrite your existing SYSTEMORIG with something else.

Download
https://rapidshare.com/files/2234440132/stock904_rooted_bloated.zip

Jonesin5

Reaction score
Im actually trying to use this file, as it would save my life. i moved my bloat to another folder, moved it back so i could update, and its still having issues with the OTAs. so ive tried to use fastboot files as well, to get from .886 to at least .902, but those wont work either. so this file would be a lifesaver....but im having the error, "md5 mismatch" and it wont restore. is there any advice you can give or someway to change the file so it can work on my phone? it would be a lifesaver and i can finally get this ICS.

much appreciated.

bbucks36

Reaction score
Im actually trying to use this file, as it would save my life. i moved my bloat to another folder, moved it back so i could update, and its still having issues with the OTAs. so ive tried to use fastboot files as well, to get from .886 to at least .902, but those wont work either. so this file would be a lifesaver....but im having the error, "md5 mismatch" and it wont restore. is there any advice you can give or someway to change the file so it can work on my phone? it would be a lifesaver and i can finally get this ICS.

much appreciated.

why would you go back that far ? get RSD lite and get .902 fxz then let device install .905 then fastboot to get ICS leak you want.. or the easiest way is http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/214902-downgrade-902-no-app-data-loss.html

Jonesin5

Reaction score
why would you go back that far ? get RSD lite and get .902 fxz then let device install .905 then fastboot to get ICS leak you want.. or the easiest way is http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/214902-downgrade-902-no-app-data-loss.html

the problem is, im on a mac so the RSD lite wasnt an option, but its more looking like i need to download parallels today to do so, because all the mac pathsavers and updates havent worked for me, and im stuck on 5.5.886. so i can try this. much thanks