SafeStrap help!!!!!

akiles

Reaction score
SafeStrap is killing me.
I cannot go back to safe mode.

I've read the instrutions in the SafeStrap thread, but I'm still having issues going back.

Here's what I've done -in order:

1.- Removed Razr bootstrap
2.- Installed SafeStrap (SF)
3.- Booted into SF recovery
4.- while in the non-safe system, made a backup (Non Safe Back Up -NSBU)
5.- switched to safe
6.- data wipe, dalvik wipe, formatted system -the works
7.- installed a rom (axion)

So far, so good.
Here's the thing... I have never been able to go back to the non-safe system. Here's what I have done:
1.- switched to non-safe
2.- wiped cache
3.- wiped dalvik
4.- restored non-safe backup

And the phone will not boot????
I've tried this 4 times, wiping and without wiping. I'm so glad for the RAZR Utility Tool... I've have had to restore the phone using the fastboot files so many times now... I'm not even in a bootloop -don't see the animation. I know the screen is on just because if I press and hold the power button + vol keys it will flicker. Pressing power again, would repeat the same sequence. Only once I got it to display the boot animation but it looped for nearly 20mins.

What am I doing wrong?????

BTW, restoring backups does not work for me in the normal recovery either -this is a different issue though. Every time I get an md5 sum error.

outfieldslayer

Reaction score
SafeStrap is killing me.
I cannot go back to safe mode.

I've read the instrutions in the SafeStrap thread, but I'm still having issues going back.

Here's what I've done -in order:

1.- Removed Razr bootstrap
2.- Installed SafeStrap (SF)
3.- Booted into SF recovery
4.- while in the non-safe system, made a backup (Non Safe Back Up -NSBU)
5.- switched to safe
6.- data wipe, dalvik wipe, formatted system -the works
7.- installed a rom (axion)

So far, so good.
Here's the thing... I have never been able to go back to the non-safe system. Here's what I have done:
1.- switched to non-safe
2.- wiped cache
3.- wiped dalvik
4.- restored non-safe backup

And the phone will not boot????
I've tried this 4 times, wiping and without wiping. I'm so glad for the RAZR Utility Tool... I've have had to restore the phone using the fastboot files so many times now... I'm not even in a bootloop -don't see the animation. I know the screen is on just because if I press and hold the power button + vol keys it will flicker. Pressing power again, would repeat the same sequence. Only once I got it to display the boot animation but it looped for nearly 20mins.

What am I doing wrong?????

BTW, restoring backups does not work for me in the normal recovery either -this is a different issue though. Every time I get an md5 sum error.

This is very strange I've never had an issue with safe strap but the no boot animation boot loop thing I have encountered on my RAZR and what I figured it meant is that there isn't an operating system on the phone anymore. Hope you find a fix!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
A

akiles

Reaction score
No... no fix yet. I'm afraid you make sense about not having an OS.
The sucky part is that my regular backups don't work at all. So even after doing a fastboot restore and root I can't get the phone to where I had it last. I have to restore to stock and then painfully set everything up myself. Can't restore in safestrap... can't restore in bootstrap.
It would be nice to have something like a disk imaging app for android.

Concistency

Reaction score
When you go back to non safe you should not have to wipe and restore. It will pull backups when switching. Should be able to toggle to non safe and just restart.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
A

akiles

Reaction score
That's what I thought...
I thought that switching back to non-safe would restore my /sys folder, /data and /cache and all that stuff. The back up of a non-safe system is just like a regular clockworkmod back up (while in non-safe.)
The first time I tried this, I did just that -switch only. But I had a failure every time -except once.
Now, while in sale mode, I've been able to restore the data sucessfully...

When you go back to non safe you should not have to wipe and restore. It will pull backups when switching. Should be able to toggle to non safe and just restart.

Concistency

Reaction score
That's what I thought...
I thought that switching back to non-safe would restore my /sys folder, /data and /cache and all that stuff. The back up of a non-safe system is just like a regular clockworkmod back up (while in non-safe.)
The first time I tried this, I did just that -switch only. But I had a failure every time -except once.

Alright so that helped?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought...

Did you do a "quick" switch going from non-safe to safe? Sometimes that will screw things up, otherwise you may have to FXZ and start over, although, I don't know why you would...ROMs are awesome ;)

jviper6000

Reaction score
Yeah i have gotten that md5 error as well when I tried to restore a backup in safestrap and I never figured out
how to get around that.... I just deleted and created a new one and I haven't had to restore yet so I better check
to see if I get the error again.