Razr ics install issues

darkcloud617

Reaction score
I've reset my RAZR (xt912) to stock... rooted... installed safe strap.... enabled safe system... downloaded Rom (droidth3ory and gummy) tried to flash them (factory reset, dalvik, format system, wiped cache)both in safestrap but where the boot logo screen should be and start it just stays completely black and doesn't even seem like its trying to startup. I really want to play with ics but I can't seem to figure out what's going on. Any help would be appeciated. I am running 6.12... using safestrap... currently using derazrx in safe system. Rome in general install without problems... its only ics.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I've reset my RAZR (xt912) to stock... rooted... installed safe strap.... enabled safe system... downloaded Rom (droidth3ory and gummy) tried to flash them (factory reset, dalvik, format system, wiped cache)both in safestrap but where the boot logo screen should be and start it just stays completely black and doesn't even seem like its trying to startup. I really want to play with ics but I can't seem to figure out what's going on. Any help would be appeciated. I am running 6.12... using safestrap... currently using derazrx in safe system. Rome in general install without problems... its only ics.
What version of 6.12 is on your phone. Is it .173 or .181. To find out go to menu>settings>about phone and check. When flashing a ROM you need to read very carefully the OP's instructions and you need to make sure you are running the same version software as the ROM was created to run on. The latest software for the RAZR is 6.12.181. Many of the ROMs you can flash are made to run on .173 and will not run on .181. The OPs instructions will also recommend which method to use when flashing...Bootstrap or Safesstrap.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
What version of 6.12 is on your phone. Is it .173 or .181. To find out go to menu>settings>about phone and check. When flashing a ROM you need to read very carefully the OP's instructions and you need to make sure you are running the same version software as the ROM was created to run on. The latest software for the RAZR is 6.12.181. Many of the ROMs you can flash are made to run on .173 and will not run on .181. The OPs instructions will also recommend which method to use when flashing...Bootstrap or Safesstrap.

Great advice and spot on. JP is a long standing member and one who is highly skilled and I've never seen him give bad advice. I had ICS installed, worked beautifully and I did the flash while still running .173. Also, I was not running Safestrap, but Bootstrap instead. The only version of ICS that I know works correctly is 6.14.75.XT912. Stay away from any other versions. Versions .84 & .85 have bricked countless phones and there is no known way to flash back to stock with those versions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text. Please excuse and minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Great advice and spot on. JP is a long standing member and one who is highly skilled and I've never seen him give bad advice. I had ICS installed, worked beautifully and I did the flash while still running .173. Also, I was not running Safestrap, but Bootstrap instead. The only version of ICS that I know works correctly is 6.14.75.XT912. Stay away from any other versions. Versions .84 & .85 have bricked countless phones and there is no known way to flash back to stock with those versions.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text. Please excuse and minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Agree indeed, JP is a go to man for great advice. Side note man when did you get a MAXX? That is awesome, welcome to the amazing battery club!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Agree indeed, JP is a go to man for great advice. Side note man when did you get a MAXX? That is awesome, welcome to the amazing battery club!

Received yesterday at 5pm, Factory like new replacement. Placed it on charge right out of the package, started at 40%, fully charged to 100%, got over 9 hours of heavy use last night and put on charge at 50%!

I'm liking this phone very much. It is now my favorite phone of all time.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My Mom always told me I shouldn't be envious of others. "If someone has something you want then work harder to get it". I am envious of you Razr Maxx owners...I'd like to be in the "amazing battery club" also. I guess I'll have to convince my "better half" that I am really working hard :biggrin:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My Mom always told me I shouldn't be envious of others. "If someone has something you want then work harder to get it". I am envious of you Razr Maxx owners...I'd like to be in the "amazing battery club" also. I guess I'll have to convince my "better half" that I am really working hard :biggrin:

We can give you an honorary membership :)

I lucked out my wife let me add a new line so we could give a phone to her dad, but of course he does not need a smart phone so we transferred the upgrade to my line. Thus letting me sale my OG Razr on CL and get the MAXX, been loving it every since.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
We can give you an honorary membership :)

I lucked out my wife let me add a new line so we could give a phone to her dad, but of course he does not need a smart phone so we transferred the upgrade to my line. Thus letting me sale my OG Razr on CL and get the MAXX, been loving it every since.
Good thinking. Hmmmm, maybe I can work a deal like that :icon_ devil:. By the way, thanks for the kind words.