5.7.893 to 5.5.893

rduckwor

Reaction score
Doubtful any leaked OTA's were "stolen". More likely leaked by Motr to get wider testing. Surely they can protect their servers from cheesecakers. If they can't, God help us.

RMD

cbrmike

Reaction score
WTH I just grabbed the leaked OTA I thought it was 5.5.893 but I now have 5.7.893, is this going to screw the path up ? Thats what I get for not waiting, did I screw up ?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
WTH I just grabbed the leaked OTA I thought it was 5.5.893 but I now have 5.7.893, is this going to screw the path up ? Thats what I get for not waiting, did I screw up ?

I don't think you screwed up. I think that 5.7.893 is going to be one of the official OTA that will be pushed either to all phones or some phones later. I think, based on what I've read, that 5.5.893 and then 5.7.893 and then 5.8.894 are going to be pushed OTA. I think 5.8.894 is going to be for everyone, even the leak adopters. Then ICS will be pushed. Again, this is my opinion based on stuff I've read on the internet!!

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Doubtful any leaked OTA's were "stolen". More likely leaked by Motr to get wider testing. Surely they can protect their servers from cheesecakers. If they can't, God help us.

RMD

not doubtful really, when you access parts of any site not publicly posted, you are in fact seeing or taking things that were not meant for you.
poor judgement or protection on the part of moto does not entitle you or me to the information.

doubtful, they were looking for a wider test pool.... they have more problems than they can fix already....

yes you did, sorry

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I don't think you screwed up. I think that 5.7.893 is going to be one of the official OTA that will be pushed either to all phones or some phones later. I think, based on what I've read, that 5.5.893 and then 5.7.893 and then 5.8.894 are going to be pushed OTA. I think 5.8.894 is going to be for everyone, even the leak adopters. Then ICS will be pushed. Again, this is my opinion based on stuff I've read on the internet!!

you may be right, but in the mean time we are punished, stood in a corner even, waiting for moto to let us out....
jmo

Tonik

Reaction score
just wondering if you actually tried this,

No, planning on doing it very soon just to see what happens. I did it before with the leaked 5.5.893 update to get back my missing webtop but I have not tried it with the official OTA files. Once you sbf'd back to 'near' stock what method did you use for applying the OTA 5.5.893 update.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
No, planning on doing it very soon just to see what happens. I did it before with the leaked 5.5.893 update to get back my missing webtop but I have not tried it with the official OTA files. Once you sbf'd back to 'near' stock what method did you use for applying the OTA 5.5.893 update.

lol, that was what i was getting at, you cant sbf back to stock. you can rts the system but thats not enough. your not "near to stock".
the ota looks for stock, if your phone isnt, it will fail...
this is just my experience... im always willing to try new things.....
if you flashed any leaks, your up a creek without a paddle like the rest of us... until someone finds a work around....