4g service

cwoms167

Reaction score
I lose 4g sometimes and all services at that is that a software update fix or a phone problem because I already took it back once

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I lose 4g sometimes and all services at that is that a software update fix or a phone problem because I already took it back once

Maybe your not in a 4g area

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

shankomatic

Reaction score
Mine at times is going back and fourth between 4G and 3G, I am in the heart of the metro detroit area where based on the 4G maps there is coverage for at least 15-20 miles in each direction. I sent an email to Verizion. Here is part of there reply.

The network tickets in the area state there are definite holes in 4G spots, depending how many people are on the network and the particular tower you are on. 4g works on lower frequency than 3G, so it has better in-building coverage generally. However, in more populated areas, it seems to diffuse and lose connectivity at a short distance than 3g does (i.e. the further you are from a tower with 4g, the less chance you will be on 4g and most likely be on 3g).

Derekweb

Reaction score
In a 4g zone at work, it will often drop to 3g. If I start to use heavy data it moves back to 4g

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I haven't tried my Bionic in a solid 4G area, but my house is literally at the edge of verizons LTE coverage. My room *front of the house* will get LTE, but go in the living room near the back and I'll get 3G.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I haven't tried my Bionic in a solid 4G area, but my house is literally at the edge of verizons LTE coverage. My room *front of the house* will get LTE, but go in the living room near the back and I'll get 3G.

I'm in a similar situation, 1/2 my house is 4g and 1/2 3g but for the first time today, while driving and lost 4g, it wouldn't even let me browse using 3g. Then trying to use Gtalk, kept getting, "Data connection lost" ... I took off the cover just to make sure it wasn't a bionic-gate issue, and that didn't change anything. After driving a little while it all came back. The strange thing however is that when the data connection was lost I had a very low wifi and 3g signal... so those may have been a contributing factor.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Losing data connection wheter it's 4G or 3G seems to be an issue with the Bionic (at least some of them). Mine seems to have problems when it wakes up or I disconnect from WIFI. Usually turning on Airplane mode and then off, seems to help mine come back; sometimes cycling WIFI on/off helps as well. I posted a question on this in the support forum and there were a few responses of it happening to others.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this in an upcoming firmware push.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Losing data connection wheter it's 4G or 3G seems to be an issue with the Bionic (at least some of them). Mine seems to have problems when it wakes up or I disconnect from WIFI. Usually turning on Airplane mode and then off, seems to help mine come back; sometimes cycling WIFI on/off helps as well. I posted a question on this in the support forum and there were a few responses of it happening to others.

This also happens with the Droid 3.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

This happened to be for the first time today ... I really think its a location based issue. Because it was only on 1 mile square block.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Good, keep us informed Dess..