4g Problem

clover408

Reaction score
I bought my Droid Razr Maxx almost 3 weeks ago and when I bought it I had 4g then when I update to ICS the 4g stop working. When I turn data on at home it says 3g and when I test it on my sister Droid Razr its fine with 4g. Anyone have this problem, please answer me.

OP
C

clover408

Reaction score
I mean I don't have 4g at all only 3g. I think there something wrong with my phone

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hi clover. Your problem could be due to it still being set on global, which is the default ICS setting. To set it to the 4g LTE setting, go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA. That should make a difference. Let us know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ok, here is the next thing to try...

Install the app, Phone Info, from play store. In that app, just above where it says "turn off radio" it should say "LTE/CDMA/EvDO." Touch that and choose LTE only. See if that will force your phone to use 4g. Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned off (4g/3g data is pretty much ignored on Wi-Fi) and make sure you are in a 4g area.

OP
C

clover408

Reaction score
Its still don't work all it did was turn the signal off

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I can't think of anything else to try.The only other thing I can think to do is a factory data reset. Which is worth a last ditch effort before getting a replacement.

OP
C

clover408

Reaction score
I tried that already still don't work. I guess I have to bring it to a verizon store

OP
C

clover408

Reaction score
I called Verizon and they said Motorola get an update sometime this month to help fix the 4g problems

Reaction score
Do you think it might be an outage in your area?

I have had zero problems with 4g. Great signal strength and no data drops or lags at all.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I would take it in. Only fix i can think of would void your warranty. Not worth it for a phone that new.

OP
C

clover408

Reaction score
my sister have the droid razr and it work fine but mine have problems... I don't even have 4g after I update to ICS