4G?

phil1166

Reaction score
I had my phone (Droid Razr Maxx) activated yesterday and I had 4G all day yesterday and now it's been in 3G. I went to settings and put the phone from Global (it was in Global when it was first activated) to LTE/CDMA and still no 4G. What gives? Is it the phone? Is Verizon's 4G down? Any suggestions?

Irontyke

Reaction score
I noticed service jumped back and forth between the two when 4G was first introduced to the area. It settled down before too long. I think I read somewhere not to use global mode unless you have to, so it doesn't keep scanning signals.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I had my phone (Droid Razr Maxx) activated yesterday and I had 4G all day yesterday and now it's been in 3G. I went to settings and put the phone from Global (it was in Global when it was first activated) to LTE/CDMA and still no 4G. What gives? Is it the phone? Is Verizon's 4G down? Any suggestions?
Don't keep your phone in Global, it drain battery faster, you should leave the Network setting to LTE/CDMA unless you are traveling outside the U.S. It is normal for the phone to switch between 3g and 4g depending on the signal strength and your location.

OP
P

phil1166

Reaction score
It's not in Global anymore. It was when i activated it. I live in Philadelphia. I know we have 4G here

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
It's not in Global anymore. It was when i activated it. I live in Philadelphia. I know we have 4G here

I just had that same problem, reboot the phone and see if that helps, it helped me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Forum Runner

OP
P

phil1166

Reaction score
No, i did that. I wonder if i have a faulty device. I love everything about this phone but i should be getting a 4g signal

philmanji

Reaction score
I had that issue. Take it to verizon to make sure its not the sim card. If it is then problem solved. If it's not then they can switch out the phone for you. Good luck.

drunkclever

Reaction score
When I got my Max a long time ago... I experienced a lot of that stuff. I went into settings and manually changed the setting off of global. I still experience random drops in service. My area is high lighted in the lte coverage zone. You have to account for all the other random "stuff". Apparently when I head up north service with lte becomes spotty. Even in a highlighted zone. I thing its either the programming on the phone or the radio. You call Verizon all you want. In the end it depends if your getting good reception. In my case its just that... spotty coverage BASED on my topographical location. As soon as I save enough cash you can bet your ass I am leaving. Regardless of anything. I need a phone that does not have to drop the signal completely to change from 3g to lte and vise versa.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
P

phil1166

Reaction score
Well, i know a few that have thus phone and they are all getting 4G signals

GotnFX

Reaction score
Have you tried turning off the phone..popping out the SIM card and putting it back in? The other thing is, you said you just got the phone. Uninstall the apps you just downloaded and see if it is one of them. Slowly add apps one @ a time to see if the issue starts again. I've had my phone since Feb. I've had download speeds of up to 20mbs..now I'm lucky to get 6. I also do get dropped 4G. Other days it will be fine. This is around my house. Today I was on 3G for about 10 mins before getting 4G back. If none of this work, see if it is actually the SIM card.

OP
P

phil1166

Reaction score
Have you tried turning off the phone..popping out the SIM card and putting it back in? The other thing is, you said you just got the phone. Uninstall the apps you just downloaded and see if it is one of them. Slowly add apps one @ a time to see if the issue starts again. I've had my phone since Feb. I've had download speeds of up to 20mbs..now I'm lucky to get 6. I also do get dropped 4G. Other days it will be fine. This is around my house. Today I was on 3G for about 10 mins before getting 4G back. If none of this work, see if it is actually the SIM card.

If you're talking to me, yeah I turned off phone and popped out the sim card and turned it back on and I'm still in 3g but I will try the other idea of uninstalling the apps

Irontyke

Reaction score
The 4G signal is not as strong as 3G, and this can be a problem in some buildings. In NY where buildings have a lot of steel reinforcement it does present problems, I have heard. Depending on your "inside" conditions, this might not be a phone problem, just the nature of the signal.

Reaction score
I know that I work in a major city that has 4G however in the basement of my office, I drop down to 3G