Data Question (global/LTE/CDMA)

Rangerhgm

Reaction score
I saw these instructions in the 4G Problem thread and now I have a question

To set it to the 4g LTE setting, go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

I have had no problems on my Maxx switching between wi-fi/3G/4G. I followed the instructions above to see how mine is set and it's set to "global".

What's the difference between the selections

Global
LTE/CDMA
GSM/UMTS

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Global adds GSM support for when you are traveling outside the US.

roach

Reaction score
Global adds GSM support for when you are traveling outside the US.
so i can use lte or just leave it on global,my jet is getting a oil change so i will not be going outside the usa for now.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
so i can use lte or just leave it on global,my jet is getting a oil change so i will not be going outside the usa for now.
You should leave it set to LTE/CDMA. Verizon is not a Global/GSM network and as long as you are in the U.S. and using the Verizon network there is absolutely no need to have Global or GSM selected. Global will increase the drain on your battery and slow the responsiveness for data and connection times in certain environments. I don't know why a Verizon rep would tell you to leave it in Global...probably because it sounds sexy and doesn't know better. Even Motorola recommends/specifies Verizon customers should leave that setting at LTE/CDMA.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Vzw told me leaving it set to global will screw up the SD card.

Sent from my SkyRaider Thunderbolt.

They sure do come up with some silly ideas. I would have loved to hear their rendition explaining how taking it off global messes up the sdcard. Anyway, it doesn't...your card is safe.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums