Can someone confirm 3g mode?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
On ICS, I could set wireless mode to CDMA auto (PRL) using the LTE On/Off app or going into settings via "*#*#4636#*#*"
Then looking in Settings-->More-->Mobile Networks, then click on Network mode, a box pops up with 3 radio buttons, NONE OF WHICH WERE LIT.
Now on JB, even though I set the network mode as above, to CDMA auto (PRL), under settings, the LTE/CDMA radio button is lit.
I don't live in a 4g area, so I can't test this to see if it really is turning the 4g off.
Has anyone who is in a 4g area, set their Maxx to CDMA auto (PRL), and if so, does it really force your phone into 3g?

Last edited:

aarong03

Reaction score
On ICS, I could set wireless mode to CDMA auto (PRL) using the LTE On/Off app or going into settings via "*#*#4636#*#*"
Then looking in Settings-->More-->Mobile Networks, then click on Network mode, a box pops up with 3 radio buttons, NONE OF WHICH WERE LIT.
Now on JB, even though I set the network mode as above, to CDMA auto (PRL), under settings, the LTE/CDMA radio button is lit.
I don't live in a 4g area, so I can't test this to see if it really is turning the 4g off.
Has anyone who is in a 4g area, set their Maxx to CDMA auto (PRL), and if so, does it really force your phone into 3g?

Yes LTE on/off will work. Foxkat confirmed it today in one of the threads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes LTE on/off will work. Foxkat confirmed it today in one of the threads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

:( :( I just love it when the answers are not to the question.....

NWRULES

Reaction score
I live in a full 4g area and have the lte on/off app. To confirm, yes it does still work on jelly bean. Turn it to cdma auto at work every day

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
EDIT to my original post.
The original post must have been too lengthy and confusing, so my question is not being answered.

I was NOT asking if LTE On/Off works...

I am asking,
Has anyone who is in a 4g area confirmed that on JB;
Setting your Maxx to CDMA auto (PRL) does turn 4g off?

NWRULES

Reaction score
I knew what you were asking, but I guess my bad for not having a more clear response? Yes, on JB, it's turns off 4g when set to cdma auto. Cheers :)

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great, thanks for answering!! :)

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I live in a full 4g area and have the lte on/off app. To confirm, yes it does still work on jelly bean. Turn it to cdma auto at work every day

I though you answered the question just fine....wonder what was so confusing about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I though you answered the question just fine....wonder what was so confusing about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

His, and the other poster answered that "the lte on/off app" work.
I knew the app works, but since under settings my phone still says it is on LTE/CDMA, I do not know if it is truly switching to 3g only. On ICS, none of the radio buttons were lit when I was set to CDMA auto (PRL)