4g pricing and capping

Shelooga

Reaction score
since i havent heard anything about 4g prices and plans, this is what i am assuming after speaking with verizon yesterday:
4g will be available immediately for the tb(they said).
i have an unlimited data plan, so since there is no structure to 4g pricing and caps, i will have access to unlimited 4g service until i cancel my contract.
my contract will be grandfathered after verizon starts charging for 4g and capping the amount of data you can use.

does this sound correct? or am i going to walk into the store and have to sign up for a new data plan that will include 4g?

it just seems like if they were going to grandfather unlimited 4g data at the current price i pay for service, that everyone would get this phone because it will save a fortune having the contract grandfathered

slinky

Reaction score
Grandfathered... I doubt there is any guarantee that any 4G phone you buy in the future will just keep the same terms forever. A new contract is a new contract. What are you going to do if they change the terms in 2 years when your contract is done? My guess is that they will not change the 4G cost over the life of the contract, that's all. If you early terminate, your rights to 30/unlimited terminate.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Grandfathered... I doubt there is any guarantee that any 4G phone you buy in the future will just keep the same terms forever. A new contract is a new contract. What are you going to do if they change the terms in 2 years when your contract is done? My guess is that they will not change the 4G cost over the life of the contract, that's all. If you early terminate, your rights to 30/unlimited terminate.

That's not true, my gf got the inspire for ATT and it's a 4G phone, their 4G is not out yet, it will be in the summer but even if they decide to make people pay for it she won't have to.

I think Verizon will charge people.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Actually we won't know if its "true" until they tell us. If you get in before they change it, more than likely they will let you keep your pricing, if they don't, its a breach of contract on their part and they would have to pardon any ETF's for 30 days after. Now in 2 years when you go month to month, or get a new phone and sign a new contract, they will more than likely change you to the new plan. At that point they have no obligation to grandfather you in.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

shortsxit

Reaction score
Actually we won't know if its "true" until they tell us. If you get in before they change it, more than likely they will let you keep your pricing, if they don't, its a breach of contract on their part and they would have to pardon any ETF's for 30 days after. Now in 2 years when you go month to month, or get a new phone and sign a new contract, they will more than likely change you to the new plan. At that point they have no obligation to grandfather you in.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Data isn't a part of the contract, so they aren't breaching anything if they change the price.

I doubt very much that they would do that, but legally, I'm pretty sure they could get away with it.

mark3748

Reaction score
Your plan and features will remain the same until you change them. As long as you have your phone and want to keep the same plan, you won't lose it.

The only thing that can cause you to lose your unlimited 4g at $30 is upgrading your phone or specifically changing your data plan, even after your contract is up.