Grandfathering 4G and 3G

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
So how does grandfathering work exactly? If I get a Thunderbolt (or any 4G phone) and just activate it for a minute, then reactivate my 3G DROID X, then reactivate my Thunderbolt after 4G becomes capped, will my TB be grandfathered into unlimited 4G?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

MrKleen

Reaction score
So how does grandfathering work exactly? If I get a Thunderbolt (or any 4G phone) and just activate it for a minute, then reactivate my 3G DROID X, then reactivate my Thunderbolt after 4G becomes capped, will my TB be grandfathered into unlimited 4G?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Would this Thunderbolt you bought and activated for one minute sitting in a drawer wasting away? You do know the Thunderbolt also works on 3g?

I think you would need to keep the T-Bolt activated. Grandfat

hering is when you are on a service you get to keep it till you changed it even if they change the plan. If you shut your service off after a minute you have left the service therefore having nothing to grandfather.

Then again if you signed a new 2 year contract on a Thunderbolt it may not matter if you technically have it activated or not since you are paying for it anyway. So to answer your question .... I have no idea. lol

Last edited: