4G LTE Pricing?

Uncopy

Reaction score
well, here's hoping that it won't be as ridiculously priced for our phones.

Sent from my ADR6300

electric6

Reaction score
My local verizon rep's official word on this is $29.99 a month for unlimited 3G/4G. This is likely introductory pricing, so as not to scare people away from the new LTE phones, so I would jump on board early to lock that in for a good long time. I'm 100% sure on this too. :)

Reaction score
I'm wondering this also. Bc if 4G gonna cost a crazy price or have a $30 with only 2 gigs or just 5 gigs ill get an x and wait 2 yrs til 4g goes down in price or offers unlimited at a decent price.

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

I'm in the same boat, I've been really leaning toward getting the Thunderbolt over the X, but if the pricing is higher, than I'm just going to get the X...

I asked this question in the release date thread but only got 1 response, so I'll just ask here as well, with the Thunderbolt, can you switch from 3G to 4G and vice versa?? I go to school in a city that will be getting 4G this year, but I come home a lot of weekends where they prob won't be getting 4G for a few years. So when I'm at school, I'll be able to use 4G but not when I go home for weekends, it would have to be 3G...just wasn't sure if you could do that..this is assuming the pricing is the same

Forgetful

Reaction score
I'm wondering this also. Bc if 4G gonna cost a crazy price or have a $30 with only 2 gigs or just 5 gigs ill get an x and wait 2 yrs til 4g goes down in price or offers unlimited at a decent price.

I'm in the same boat, I've been really leaning toward getting the Thunderbolt over the X, but if the pricing is higher, than I'm just going to get the X...

I asked this question in the release date thread but only got 1 response, so I'll just ask here as well, with the Thunderbolt, can you switch from 3G to 4G and vice versa?? I go to school in a city that will be getting 4G this year, but I come home a lot of weekends where they prob won't be getting 4G for a few years. So when I'm at school, I'll be able to use 4G but not when I go home for weekends, it would have to be 3G...just wasn't sure if you could do that..this is assuming the pricing is the same

Yes you can use 3G. Confirmed here in a few threads and on Android Central. I believe you can turn off the 4G radio if you choose to always use 3G.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yes you can use 3G. Confirmed here in a few threads and on Android Central. I believe you can turn off the 4G radio if you choose to always use 3G.

my buddy has an evo and you can switch 4g off especially if your not using it or not in the area it saves a ton of battery

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My local verizon rep's official word on this is $29.99 a month for unlimited 3G/4G. This is likely introductory pricing, so as not to scare people away from the new LTE phones, so I would jump on board early to lock that in for a good long time. I'm 100% sure on this too. :)

Well lets just hope that it's true that it's only 29.99$, well verizon has stated many many times it's going to tiered pricing so maybe they either just don't know how to best implement that plan yet, or decided to back away from it for alittle while. I'm hoping it's really not just a introductory pricing.

Forgetful

Reaction score
Well lets just hope that it's true that it's only 29.99$, well verizon has stated many many times it's going to tiered pricing so maybe they either just don't know how to best implement that plan yet, or decided to back away from it for alittle while. I'm hoping it's really not just a introductory pricing.

If it is an intro pricing it'd be worth it to jump on the Bolt now to lock in the rate. But what happens if they do increase it by the time your contract is up? Will you still be locked into the price or since you're signing a new contract you have to pay a new rate?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

If it is an intro pricing it'd be worth it to jump on the Bolt now to lock in the rate. But what happens if they do increase it by the time your contract is up? Will you still be locked into the price or since you're signing a new contract you have to pay a new rate?

If they increase it while your already under contract it does nothing to you until you have to sign another contract. Yes it might very well be worth it to jump into a contract with unlimited 4g if that really is only introductory.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Actually you are grandfathered in so long as your phone number is active on Verizon and your plan for that phone number does NOT change (dumbphone, then switch back to smartphone, etc). If you cancel service on your phone line then re-join verizon and reactivate the number, then you lose unlimited 3G/4G, assuming unlimited is temporary.

But that's terrific! No price change AND unlimited! Truly the best we could have hoped for. I see my Dinc going on eBay haha

Parafly9

Reaction score
i wonder how this will work too. I live in a rural area and the nearest 4g is in Boston almost 60 miles away. I don't live or work there and I expect it will be sometime before I get 4g where I live.

I sure don't want to pay a lot more when I know that 99% of the time I will be using 3g, at least until Verizon expands its network.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
LTE is remaining at $29.99 according to Droid-Life...at least for now.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Raptor007

Reaction score
I wouldn't have an issue of $45 for 3G/4G IF, and I do mean IF it includes tethering. Otherwise its a non starter.

66dude

Reaction score
Actually you are grandfathered in so long as your phone number is active on Verizon and your plan for that phone number does NOT change (dumbphone, then switch back to smartphone, etc). If you cancel service on your phone line then re-join verizon and reactivate the number, then you lose unlimited 3G/4G, assuming unlimited is temporary.

But that's terrific! No price change AND unlimited! Truly the best we could have hoped for. I see my Dinc going on eBay haha

That sounds a lot like an AT&T thing. Are you sure this applies to VZW?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Im fairly certain that verizon grandfathers older plans for the life of the active phone number,

At least when they took away unlimited global data for new users it was talked about in moderate depth on the D2G section, and a lot of guys who've had the unl overseas plan get to keep it at no price change, if i recall correctly.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my D2G

motty69

Reaction score
I wouldn't have an issue of $45 for 3G/4G IF, and I do mean IF it includes tethering. Otherwise its a non starter.

+1

$45 a month would be doable if it included tethering. As long as I still got my 19% discount on my data plan. :p

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App