4G LTE Coverage Comparison Maps Between Verizon and AT&T

geoff5093

Reaction score
AT&T's 4G (not LTE) is very close in speed to what I'm getting on Verizon's LTE these days. I typically get 2-10Mbps download with Verizon, and I got around 3-8Mbps download with AT&T 4G. Compared to my usual 300Kbps-1.2Mbps I get with Verizon's 3G, I wish I was on AT&T.

dl1762

Reaction score
I COMPLAINED HERE ABOUT NO 4G in SUFFOLK COUNTY NY.
I now have 4G wow . I should have said something mths ago

Sent from my ADR6400L using Ta patalk 2 Beta-4

N4UPD

Reaction score
My son texted me and said his phone went to 4g while his school bus was at one of the schools picking up students but when back to 3g after moving to another school. That is the first sign of 4g her in Clanton Alabama and hoping it was not a glitch but a sign of things to come.I'm getting excited and hope it's the real deal.:icon_ banana:

N4UPD

Reaction score
I called my local Verizon store and they said that we should get 4g this summer July or August.

r314bd

Reaction score
I made this on April 18 to compare Verizon and AT&T LTE markets. Verizon is red, AT&T is blue:

rJXVZ.gif

armeddroid

Reaction score
Both my job and work are in strong 4G areas. 2 weeks ago, my home was just added.
Loving it...just not the battery drain. Lol

osirhis

Reaction score
I used to be all about the Verizon vs AT& T 4G LTE war...maybe it's just because I'm getting old, but I don't really care anymore. I had my run with LTE on Verizon and I wasn't that impressed by it. Sure my apps updated quicker and my YouTube videos fired quicker, but at what cost? The battery life was awful (I had a Droid Charge), I was stuck on freaking Froyo, the LTE signal kept dropping, and the connection stuttered all the time. Netflix was almost unwatchable on LTE.

So I found myself using WiFi more often than not. And after all that, I ended up switching to AT& T and downgrading to an HSPA+ phone with the Galaxy S2 and have never been happier.

I think the technology is too ahead of its time and needs a lot more refinement before it will really by viable long term... And with companies putting data soft caps on their plans, it isn't exactly encouraging people to embrace the technology either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
i still can't believe att is airing their largest 4g in the country commercial all over tv. my 3g on droidx was faster then their "4g".

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
i still can't believe att is airing their largest 4g in the country commercial all over tv. my 3g on droidx was faster then their "4g".

I agree with the false advertising is stupid but on the other hand hspa+ (att "4g") is definitely faster than Verizon 3g hands down...
The hspa+ phone you compared to must have sucked, or att just didn't have decent coverage there...

Here is an estimated breakdown of the average speeds
3g 1-2.5 mb/s
Hspa+ 2-5 mb/s
4g lte 2.5- 10+ mb/s

geoff5093

Reaction score
I agree with the false advertising is stupid but on the other hand hspa+ (att "4g") is definitely faster than Verizon 3g hands down...
The hspa+ phone you compared to must have sucked, or att just didn't have decent coverage there...

Here is an estimated breakdown of the average speeds
3g 1-2.5 mb/s
Hspa+ 2-5 mb/s
4g lte 2.5- 10+ mb/s
I had both an AT&T and Verizon 4G phone and used them side by side at various times to conduct speed tests. What I found is:

Verizon 3G 700Kbps - 1.5Mbps
AT&T 3G 1Mbps - 2.5Mbps
AT&T 4G HSPA+ 4Mbps - 10Mbps
Verizon 4G LTE 3Mbps - 8Mbps

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I made this on April 18 to compare Verizon and AT&T LTE markets. Verizon is red, AT&T is blue:

rJXVZ.gif

I can now CONFIRM that Gulfport/Biloxi MS has LTE

Woooooooohooooooooooooooo

I got about twenty down/eight up [number pad ain't working on my keyboard]

And there were sports on I-twenty where it would pop back up....and then switch over to three-g

Reaction score
Where is the blue lol. Lte for Verizon is faster then 8 mbps. I have hit 35 before. So just at&t sucks period