Verizon: 9.8 Million Smatphones Sold Q4; On Pace to Cover All 3G Areas with LTE 2013

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-4g-lte-red-screen.jpeg

Today Big Red shared some interesting factoids. First, they shared their Q4 estimates, in which they sold 9.8 Million smartphones in the Q4 of 2012. Supposedly, these sales figures were bolstered by higher than expected "mixed" Apple iPhone sales.

Verizon also shared the news that they have already covered 89% of their 3G areas with the newer 4G LTE network, and are on track to completely cover all of their 3G network areas by the end of this year. Here's their press statement,

When it comes to wireless service, coverage and speed count. Customers can get the most out of the latest 4G LTE smartphones and tablets when they are used over a pervasive and speedy 4G LTEnetwork.

So it matters that, as 2013 begins, the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is now available in 473 marketsand extends to 273.5 million potential customers. Already the largest commercial 4G LTE network in the world, the Verizon Wireless network continues to expand. Currently covering close to 89 percent of its U.S. footprint, by mid-year 4G LTE will be available in nearly every US market currently served by the company’s 3G data service. And by year’s end, the Verizon 4G LTE footprint will completely cover the area served today by its 3G network.

With the wide availability of 4G LTE, companies can use M2M solutions to make their businesses more efficient and secure, while consumers can use 4G LTE devices to interact with friends, family and brands through mobile video and online gaming. It also means more people across the country can take advantage of 4G LTE’s speed and coverage to access new and exciting services, including the in-home solution HomeFusion Broadband.

Fueled by expanding 4G LTE coverage, eMarketer predicts that more than 73 million people will watch mobile video in 2013, a 20 percent increase from 2012. And when a business invests in a Machine-to-Machine, online collaboration or mobile payment solution, it has more potential return on that investment with more deployment options in more parts of the country.

This year, the company also will continue to work with rural communications companies through LTE in Rural America, helping them to build and operate a 4G LTE network in their areas.

As we move forward in 2013 with the expansion of our 4G LTE network, we will continue seeing innovative products and solutions that reshape communications in many areas, ranging from business to education to healthcare.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
9.7 million of witch live in the inland empire. I can spit on my two 4g towers and can never get a decent connection.

Just puppy footing around. (auto correct)

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
9.7 million of witch live in the inland empire. I can spit on my two 4g towers and can never get a decent connection.

Hawaii or Alaska?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Weird my service is great Sept when I'm close enough to San Diego that my phone switches to their tower. Then my speed is halved

Reaction score
They skipped my area and went further north which was stupid on their end considering where I live their is a actual Verizon store. Wow Verizon way to be...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
On Coronado off sandiego

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
On Coronado off sandiego

I'm so jealous, my ex is from there. Loved that town during the week, but boy does it get crowded on weekends.

Valvoline

Reaction score
What's a Smatphone? lol. Doesn't seem that smat at all :D