4G a bunch of Hooey??

plongson

Reaction score
I'm thinking 4g is a bunch of marketing BS. My TB runs so much smoother on 3g it's not funny. Way better battery life, no stutter or lock-up lags, no exchange sync problems. Gmaps works, text messages drop right in...

What more can I say...most the time I just have it shut off so I get good reliable service.

I think Verizon has a LONG way to go to make this dog work...

slinky

Reaction score
I'm thinking 4g is a bunch of marketing BS. My TB runs so much smoother on 3g it's not funny. Way better battery life, no stutter or lock-up lags, no exchange sync problems. Gmaps works, text messages drop right in...

What more can I say...most the time I just have it shut off so I get good reliable service.

Methinks you aren't using 4G. ;) I have almost no problems. I think it depends upon area. If you're in New York City, it's rather awesome and works well. My biggest complaint is the tiny battery HTC decided to stuff in there. No business doing that. At least I'm near a charger and have an extended battery if I want to switch it out.

champaned_out

Reaction score

its working perfectly fine where i am... surfing the web on my thunderbolt is like surfing on my cable internet home pc...

insanepartyguy

Reaction score
Yeah i have to disagree. During off peak hours i get 12 to 20 mbps. Its totally sick. I think it really depends heavily on your coverage. Im in fort lauderdale.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

Stutters and lockups shouldn't be causes by 4G at all unless you are experiencing data connectivity issues, which isn't exactly the same as having general lockup issues from using the phone for installing apps, deleting apps, etc.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
4g in my area is twice the speed of my 12mb comcast cable at home. it all depends on your location, but i LOVE IT!

i was doing comparison tests of 4g with my cable at home sending large files through email(5-10mb) and when cable was taking 30-40 seconds to upload a file, 4g was taking only 10-15 seconds.

enyalius

Reaction score
Sorry, OP, but I think you lost this one. I, too, love my 4G here in Columbus. It's around 12 - 16 Mb/s down on average, and I can't imagine going back to 3G (and hope I never do).

jr313

Reaction score
No problems with any lag or lockups or Any of what u call "HOOEY" my runs smooth as silk...and yes the more power u use the more juice your gna use just like a car engine, your not gna get the same fuel effeciency from a V8 as you are a V6 or 4 bangor get real....and 4G is killn my Comcast Cable internet speeds on downloading so much so that more times than not im downloading my kernels and roms straight to my phone instead of to my cpu like i use to..

Last edited:

robrecht

Reaction score

What area are in you in?

Are others in the same area having the same problems?

If it's a local network or tower issue, reporting the problems to Verizon will help them to fix it. Their repair people are amazingly responsive. I live out in the boonies and have had network repair people call me up to see if issues have been revolved after they've done work on nearby towers.

enyalius

Reaction score

What area are in you in?

Are others in the same area having the same problems?

If it's a local network or tower issue, reporting the problems to Verizon will help them to fix it. Their repair people are amazingly responsive. I live out in the boonies and have had network repair people call me up to see if issues have been revolved after they've done work on nearby towers.

I'd have to agree with Rob. On the one issue I did have, the Verizon CSR told me that they are putting priority on LTE issues right now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score
We'll, I'm in Las Vegas and as you may know, we are an island in the desert, so to say. We have a definite boundary and you really can go from urban to outback in a few short miles from the core. It sounds like in areas of urban sprawl, like LA, NYC, Ft. Lauderdale, the issue with connectivity is less pronounced.

WHAT I DID SEE...In the core of Las Vegas, it works pretty good, I said pretty good because it is not flawless, 3g is 99.99% flawless here and I still think there are issues to be worked out with 4g...

SO...For all you lucky souls with kick a** 4g, I' glad for you!! Just wish us less than lucky souls some good fortune with 4g.

This is just one reporters opinion...

Last edited: