4g LTE possible?

Arsonman

Reaction score
I am in Milwaukee where there is no LTE. So tonight I am having dinner at TGI Fridays, which is in Miller Park. My phone was showing a solid 4G LTE during dinner. Once outside of the stadium I dropped down to 3G. The closest 4G LTE is at the Illinois border a good thirty plus miles away. Is it possible that I was getting 4G LTE or a possible fluke? Either way it was nice seeing the 4G LTE signal on the phone.

pudah

Reaction score
From what I understand there is LTE near the airport and spots on and around the East side. I would not be surprised if inside Miller Park there is a 4G signal as well with their recent cellular upgrades and push to do food orders via phones. This news is all a few months old, so who knows where it has expanded since then.

Actually, I'd like to know as I've been holding off on a 4g phone.

OP
Arsonman

Arsonman

Reaction score
Yep, since I posted this I found out that there is 4g at Miller Park, Mitchell Field. I have noticed that they must be testing the 4g more because it will pop up on my phone on the southwest side of town, close to West Allis.

Reaction score
How far away can you be and still get a strong 4g signal?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

chuckorc

Reaction score
I just got a 4g signal on my thunderbolt. I know they were supposed to activate more cities today. I'm in Racine, just south of Milwaukee.

Anyone notice anything?

01b5s4

Reaction score
I was told by a CSR when I got my Tbolt, that once Verizon is done modifying the towers for the LTE, they turn them on. So, like my area, even though were not suppose to have the LTE for a while, I'll pop in and out of 4g. For instance, every day when I drop and pick up my kids, my daycare provider is in 4g, but once I get home, less then 2 miles away, I'm back to 3g.

OP
Arsonman

Arsonman

Reaction score
Nice, I was able to get 4G when I was at the intersection of Layton and Howell by Mitchell Field, but once I was two blocks west it was back to 3g. It is coming and hopefully sooner than later.

ziggy484

Reaction score
I am in Milwaukee where there is no LTE. So tonight I am having dinner at TGI Fridays, which is in Miller Park. My phone was showing a solid 4G LTE during dinner. Once outside of the stadium I dropped down to 3G. The closest 4G LTE is at the Illinois border a good thirty plus miles away. Is it possible that I was getting 4G LTE or a possible fluke? Either way it was nice seeing the 4G LTE signal on the phone.

Jack daniels ribs at fridays are awesome...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sidsixseven

Reaction score
I traveled to the area right after the thunderbolt launched and got LTE in the airport and nowhere else.

Sent via Tapatalk on my HTC Thunderbolt

pudah

Reaction score
Sweet here's Verizon's official announcement Link

Nice... now we need a good LTE phone that isn't missing any one major thing. I'm hoping the Bionic does this, and I'm hoping it is soon. For all the joy and ability the Droid has brought, it is now more frustrating than anything trying to keep up with Android updates.