4.0.2 and signal bar

Josefius

Reaction score
I noticed my signal bar only shows 2 blue bars and the rest is grey but not divided into two or three more bars... is the max bars now just two? Not sure if the OTA I got after I activated my phone changed the behavior of that... all the screenshots I've seen of it show 4/5 bars.

chadh1

Reaction score
From home and work I get 4 bars of 3g/4g. Only time I had 2 bars was when I was at the mother and father in laws for Christmas. I live in Sioux falls, sd

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
From home and work I get 4 bars of 3g/4g. Only time I had 2 bars was when I was at the mother and father in laws for Christmas. I live in Sioux falls, sd

Well, it looks like it's stuck with two bars and the other half is solid... not sure if that's a design change... but it hasn't gone above two bars anywhere I've gone. My question is, have they changed the look or is there a setting I need to change?

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
Ok, I powered it off and back on and now it shows 4 bars with only 3 filled... I wonder if it was stuck or something.

Capone76

Reaction score
I get a very weak signal when I'm at home. 1 or 2 bars at the most. Everywhere else is 3 or 4.

OP
Josefius

Josefius

Reaction score
I get a very weak signal when I'm at home. 1 or 2 bars at the most. Everywhere else is 3 or 4.

Same here, seems my house is in a black hole.

Capone76

Reaction score
Yeah its like the radio in the phone is messed up by something in my house. Home was built in the 30's. I don't know but my Motorola phones always got a good signal when I was home. Not complaining because I do like my nexus, just wish I could pin point problem.

hydro556

Reaction score
Is it possible your signal strength is the same, but is just being accurately displayed?

soulshot96

Reaction score
That's just the signal bars design your seeing when you have 2 bars it shows 2 and the rest is solid gray. If 1 the other three are solid gray. But it 3 it appears there is 1. Just a added touch of coolness if you ask me. Its like when you have no signal and its just a completely gray triangle. In other word there's nothing wrong with your signal bars. That how its supposed to work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Capone76

Reaction score
I'm at -113 in my living room. The highest I've got on speedtests is 17. I'm getting a 7 now with that signal. Possibly some bad hardware?