3g down? or is it just me?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So, I never had any problems with my Droid til this morning when i booted it up around 9:30. Usually i like to check my email on my Droid now since it's much faster than booting up my computer.

Well I boot up and my Droid can't connect to 3g, but wifi works. I am on Wifi on my Droid right now (11:16AM)

So anyone else having problems with Verizon's 3g? Hope it's not my Droid...I got all my settings finally right and the Invisible Shield on it...Don't want a replacement.:icon_ cry:

hendrix

Reaction score
I had an issue once where i turned off wifi and 3g didn't come back on. Had to power cycle to get it back.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had an issue once where i turned off wifi and 3g didn't come back on. Had to power cycle to get it back.
i powered cycled like 3 or 4 times already. Even did a battery pull for the hell of it. Hasn't worked yet. It's off right now, I'll try again later after lunch or something.

rpere

Reaction score
I have the same issue since this morning ! 3g of verizon in SF looks down ! hope it is not my phone too ...

MuGenXDroid

Reaction score
I am having the same issues. I'm here in san jose, and it just doesn't want to work. I've tried rebooting and turning off my phone too... I was gonna try reprogramming it but i forgot the phone number to dial to program it... does anybody remember?

godanigo

Reaction score
I am having the same issues. I'm here in san jose, and it just doesn't want to work. I've tried rebooting and turning off my phone too... I was gonna try reprogramming it but i forgot the phone number to dial to program it... does anybody remember?

I'm in SF proper and 3G has been working just fine this morning. It's a mystery.

rpere

Reaction score
Yes it is ! that just works for 2 seconds right now.. i really think this is a 3g issue from verizon and not an hardware issue from the phone!

PS : what do you mean by reprogramming ? can you detail it please?
Thanks

godanigo

Reaction score
Yes it is ! that just works for 2 seconds right now.. i really think this is a 3g issue from verizon and not an hardware issue from the phone!

PS : what do you mean by reprogramming ? can you detail it please?
Thanks

Programs your cell phone to get service from the closest towers....or something like that. Basically if you go across the country your phone is going to be used to getting service from your home, so reprogramming can make your phone use less battery and get better service....hypothetically. Someone, correct me if I'm wrong.

rpere

Reaction score
Thanks but technically how can you do that ?

Also ... just called verizon and yes... they are having 3g network issue since this morning and they are working on it ....

godanigo

Reaction score

Also ... just called verizon and yes... they are having 3g network issue since this morning and they are working on it ....

Dial *228 to find out :)

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i am curious as to why you turn your phone off at all.
My Droid isn't my main line right now. Waiting for my AT&T contract to expire. Had to get Verizon early for one of my family members, I can't put it down when im awake though:p

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Dial *228 to find out :)
Awesome info.

Did not know about the *228 number. Good to know they are having 3g issues and it's not my phone, been trying all morning. after about 20 minutes, the yahoo page finally loaded up, but still no good:mad:

Pinshooter

Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear that people are having trouble with the 3G today. I was working in Cleveland all day, and had no problems at all. Here at the house it goes WiFi, but outside I have had excellent coverage with the 3G all over Northeastern Ohio. Now, watch, tomorrow it will be crap...... that's the story of my life!