.32 and .34 have the same kernel/bootloader: FALSE.

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
LOL! Four posts in a row!? You're so mad that I pointed out a mistake you made and that you had to fix it. You're furious. Sry dude but if I see something that big, something big enough to brick more droids, I'm going to say it.

I lack so much knowledge that you had to put out a fix to the exact problem I said you caused, right?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
The whole thing stems from a leaked file that Verizon chose not to support, had they used 2.3.32 everything would have been fine. As I said in the other thread tbh and p3 have provided a way back to stock just like they said they would. I know because I have used it.

43be14dd-ba54-09fd.jpg
43be14dd-ba5f-5bdb.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidrev71

Reaction score
The whole thing stems from a leaked file that Verizon chose not to support, had they used 2.3.32 everything would have been fine. As I said in the other thread tbh and p3 have provided a way back to stock just like they said they would. I know because I have used it.

43be14dd-ba54-09fd.jpg
43be14dd-ba5f-5bdb.jpg

ditto.. p3 and tbh has done what they have said they were going to do

jhanford

Reaction score
LOL! Four posts in a row!? You're so mad that I pointed out a mistake you made and that you had to fix it. You're furious. Sry dude but if I see something that big, something big enough to brick more droids, I'm going to say it.

I lack so much knowledge that you had to put out a fix to the exact problem I said you caused, right?

Yeah, i'm pissed at P3 for causing me (at gunpoint, if I remember rightly) to install an unofficial release and then have the audacity to not pander to me or wipe my arse.

NOT

dvader

Reaction score
so it looks as though most of my stuff is up to date.
although my kernel is slightly different
2.6.32.9-gca645b6 vs. 2.6.32.9-g55626e1
what's the difference?
and do i want to upgrade to the 30.04 boot loader
any reason i should or should not stay on 30.01

@P3droid if you check this thread please comment if you have a minute.
Thanks

CD95YJ

Reaction score
@dvader - you will need to use the link in this thread to use the files to get your phone up the same kernel, baseband, system, and boot loader as the ota 2.3.34 if you wish to receive the ota version of gingerbread when its released. If not you will be waiting on someone to make a version for you, but that might not happen (my own opinion) since tbh and p3 have given us the files to get back to stock.

dvader

Reaction score
@cd95yj - yes I'm aware of the procedure. thank you for the info.
however my question is my kernel version is only slightly different (i don't understand what the back half of the numbers mean)
but the front part is the same
both are 2.6.32.9, I'm not sure what the difference is between
gca645b6 and g55626e1, maybe nothing? idk, so I'm hoping someone who does know, will comment.

also maybe i should stay at 30.01, again, i don't know. maybe it's a good idea, maybe it's not. i have no problem upgrading. but i know like on the xbox 360, upgrading isn't always a good thing. so I'm looking for answers to those questions, not instructions on how to upgrade. but again, i do appreciate you taking the time to provide me with that information. it's just not what I'm looking for.

jhanford

Reaction score
@cd95yj - yes I'm aware of the procedure. thank you for the info.
however my question is my kernel version is only slightly different (i don't understand what the back half of the numbers mean)
but the front part is the same
both are 2.6.32.9, I'm not sure what the difference is between
gca645b6 and g55626e1, maybe nothing? idk, so I'm hoping someone who does know, will comment.

also maybe i should stay at 30.01, again, i don't know. maybe it's a good idea, maybe it's not. i have no problem upgrading. but i know like on the xbox 360, upgrading isn't always a good thing. so I'm looking for answers to those questions, not instructions on how to upgrade. but again, i do appreciate you taking the time to provide me with that information. it's just not what I'm looking for.

You probably will not get a definitive answer to the differences between the two kernel versions as the source code is not likely available. Just bear in mind that the newer kernel version will be what any future OTA will be looking for.

Regarding the bootloader, i'd update it all just to mitigate any possible compatibility issues down the line.

I cannot think of a compelling reason to stay with the versions you have.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think p3droid is at fault for anything.

This is why we have warnings (disclaimers) for updates, zips, ROM's, themes and leaks before installation. So people can proceed shooting themselves in the foot without blame to those who provide it.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk