.32 and .34 have the same kernel/bootloader: FALSE.

droidxchat

Reaction score
hey guys... so this isn't meant to be like an "i told ya so..." or anything like that, but just a heads up...

I just got the OTA, and looked it over. The kernel versions between .32 and .34 ARE different, they're not identical like people said over and over. This is why I said people should actually check rather than taking some guy's word for it..... I know that probably nothing changed as far as operation, but something as simple as one digit changing could lead to a brick if using a .34 sbf on a .32 kernel. So make sure you take the necessary steps in going to .34, rather than just flashing a .34 rom over your .32 leak. It means that if you are on .32 leak, and you install a .34 rom on top, it will all be working correctly, but you'll still be on the .32 kernel version if you ever need to sbf .34... Better safe than sorry.

jhanford

Reaction score
Yeah the kernel version is different.

Probably they are functionally identical but we're going to need a true. 340 full SBF to get back into the Droid X upgrade path... assuming there's a 2.3 in our future.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score

Probably they are functionally identical but we're going to need a true. 340 full SBF to get back into the Droid X upgrade path... assuming there's a 2.3 in our future.

Here's to hoping a .34 full sbf won't brick when detecting a .32 kernel...

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Pretty sure the only thing the .sbf file cares about is the bootloader.

I'm hoping for a full .340 SBF as well..

jhanford

Reaction score
Pretty sure the only thing the .sbf file cares about is the bootloader.

I'm hoping for a full .340 SBF as well..

Agreed. There was a couple of 2.2 kernel versions out there but they are all eligible for the 2.2.1 OTA.

We're in a unique case for the time being. If and when a .340 SBF comes out, we should all flash to it and either rejoice in being on the "right track" again, or drown ourselves in the "mass bricking" that just took place :)

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Agreed. There was a couple of 2.2 kernel versions out there but they are all eligible for the 2.2.1 OTA.

We're in a unique case for the time being. If and when a .340 SBF comes out, we should all flash to it and either rejoice in being on the "right track" again, or drown ourselves in the "mass bricking" that just took place :)

Someone should ask P3 for the "way back" that he swore he had but conveniently never released because "we won't need it, the bootloader/kernels are the same".

NO ONE AND I MEAN, no one who has updated will be stuck when the OTA comes out. before this was released you have to have known we have a way back. I'm just sayin...

dvader

Reaction score
I have a 30.01 boot loader. used the .320 FULL sbf and then the .340 system only SBF.
I'm running .340 now, but my boot loader is still 30.01
why didn't it get upgraded?

OP
D

droidxchat

Reaction score
Interesting. Following those steps shoulda upgraded your boot. Not sure. It was def a full sbf?

dvader

Reaction score
I have the following
system version
version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US
android version
baseband
BP_C_01.09.07P
kernel version
2.6.32.9-gca645b6

bootloader 30.01

P3Droid

Reaction score
How many of the stupid threads do you have droidxchat? This is just another dumb ****ing post by you, I am still awaiting for you to admit publicly that you were just a big ****ing tool, and a do****, i've been linked by good people to a good many posts where you smear my name.

Next time before you go running your stupid mouth, about what I do have, what I can do just don't. I don't speak out my ass, nor say what can or will be done unless I've already done it.

P3Droid

Reaction score
A mod needs to close this thread before It blows up. I'm certain that this is only going to spiral downhill from here.

P3Droid

Reaction score

Here's to hoping a .34 full sbf won't brick when detecting a .32 kernel...

That is the stupidest thing i've heard and shows a total ignorance on your part of how sbf files work, stop posting as if you are an authority on this topic because all you have done is muddied the waters with bull**** and incorrect information.

Everyone ignore these statements as they are 100% incorrect and must just be made up to suit his own purpose.

P3Droid

Reaction score
Interesting. Following those steps shoulda upgraded your boot. Not sure. It was def a full sbf?

Again with your lack of knowledge, there is nothing that this person has done that would update his bootloader (MBM)<------look it up, the mbm file is a completely different file from those he stated he used.