3.5 audio jack

jjenrette76

Reaction score
Every time I try using my auxiliary plug to listen to Pandora or my mp3's it goes haywire, if the Jack moves around any the song will skip or shut down all together...I eventually gave up on listening to music,anybody else having an issue?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that is the kryptonite of the droid. Its a common problem.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wish....lol. I have been using a bluetooth headphones.

huelsebu

Reaction score
Bluetooth headphones. After getting my Droid replaced three times for this issue, that was my fix.

JFDroid

Reaction score
I have had my Droid replaced... ready for this?... SEVEN times because of this issue. That's right, my warranty has covered Verizon sending me SEVEN new Droids (meaning 8 Droids in total - 9 if you count the other time I had it replaced because one of the refurbished units' microphone didn't work).

Verizon got rid of their multi-FRU policy, so they won't replace your phone with a new model, ever. They will just send you the same phone with the same problem 100000000 times. Literally. Whenever mine needs replaced, I call them and they say "yep, you have no other options unless you want to upgrade to the Incredible" - and I say "Why bother? Not like it will ship any time soon" - to which their reply is usually no response (because I'm correct) lol.

The headphone jack on the Droid is a joke. If the Droid X is plagued with the same problem I'll trade in my motorola phone(s) for HTC, even if HTC makes cheap plasticky stuff.

By the way, my headphone jack is AGAIN failing (crackling and pausing randomly when it gets SLIGHTLY wiggled) and if the Droid X weren't launching so soon, I'd be totally getting it replaced again, lol.

Good luck to anyone using the Droid's headphone jack... it's complete and utter crap.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good luck to anyone using the Droid's headphone jack... it's complete and utter crap.
Weirdly, I have no issues with the jack on my phone. I use it everyday going to and from work to play music files on my card and on Pandora. I do have a higher-quality line I use to plug it into my stereo, but the fit shouldn't really matter. Though mine does plug in snuggly. Almost get that "click" feel when I plug it in.
I guess I was one of the lucky ones to get a phone that didn't suffer from manufacturing irregularities.