While listening to downloaded music on Rezound !

wjoel

Reaction score
I have a fairly large music library on my Rezound.
While listening to the music in my vehicle through the auxiliary jack and 3.5 mm audio cable, the music starting skipping songs,then it started to play through all the songs real fast.This all started after playing through the first 5 or 6 songs in a normal fashion.
I couldn't get it to stop even after trying to exit the music app.
I went to turn off the phone and it then began to dial a number on my phone. As the phone was starting to shut off,it was still skipping throuh the songs.
It was like the phone was under a spell !
Anyone have this quirky experience on their Rezound ? Could it be a phone/software issue ?

billmcg

Reaction score
I have a fairly large music library on my Rezound.
While listening to the music in my vehicle through the auxiliary jack and 3.5 mm audio cable, the music starting skipping songs,then it started to play through all the songs real fast.This all started after playing through the first 5 or 6 songs in a normal fashion.
I couldn't get it to stop even after trying to exit the music app.
I went to turn off the phone and it then began to dial a number on my phone. As the phone was starting to shut off,it was still skipping throuh the songs.
It was like the phone was under a spell !
Anyone have this quirky experience on their Rezound ? Could it be a phone/software issue ?

Yea, i have been having similar problems, i have seen it on 3 separate Rezounds that i have had, i finally gave up trying to figure it out. I have had the same exact problem you have had - plus other symptoms. My Rezounds sometimes "freak out" - they act possessed, like something or someone else is controlling them, it happens rapidly, very fast, screens move about, settings get changed, calls are dialed, apps are launched, browser sessions opened and closed, i sat and watched the screen lock engage, open up to the home screen, then go into settings and start paging through the settings just randomly switching stuff all over the place. happens so fast you cant keep track of what it is doing, and you cant stop it, besides a battery pull.
it first started to happen when i had it plugged into a cassette adapter and it would do the thing you described, but it got worse, it went into the "freak out" mode, i wont even use it in the car anymore, i brought back my old X2 to use as a media player in the car.
BTW - i did run virus and malware scanner - came up clean

Mine now does it whenever it wants to..."freak out" - plugged in or not, cant find a consistent reason for why, it seems totally random. Happened on Stock GB, Stock ICS, Clean Rom and now on Business Sense

also, when all 3 of my Rezounds were plugged into the cassette adapter, the interference was un-listenable, just god awful, you couldn't listen to music, it was just a loud whiny sequel, i have heard there was a batch of poorly shielded CPU's out there, which is why i tried 3 of them from 3 different vendors at 3 separate times, but that problem still persists, man for an audio specific phone, this one sure blows

i don't know if the CPU shielding problem is related to the general "freaking out" or not, i thought i would toss that one out there for discussion for someone who might know more about it

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I don't know if this will help but I had the same problem with my Rezound. The issue was a dirty headphone plug. I cleaned it with contact cleaner and that solved my problem. Alcohol works good too. The dirt on my plug was conductive. And it was shorting out the headphone jack causing random skipping and all kinds of other weird issues. Hopefully this will help.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Reaction score
I'm on stock gb and haven't had any of these issues (knock on wood). I use the stock music app too. I've wanted to try some of the better music apps that you guys talk about, but it always seems like theres all these issues tied to them. I hope its as simple as a dirty headphone Jack like Ram said.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I use PowerAmp....have for years (used on my DX too). I just don't see a reason to change as it works close to flawless. I don't really like Play Music as it is slow to sync and has other things that are very annoying. I think you'd be happy with PowerAmp!