2ghz Droid

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
If there is supposedly a new 2ghz Droid phone coming out around the holidays; why is the Droid 2 speculated to come out around that time? And does the droid 2 seem a bit lackluster to anyone else? I mean I kinda expected it to be like the DROID but on steroids...

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If there is supposedly a new 2ghz Droid phone coming out around the holidays; why is the Droid 2 speculated to come out around that time? And does the droid 2 seem a bit lackluster to anyone else? I mean I kinda expected it to be like the DROID but on steroids...

-Droid 2 is rumored to come out in August
-It's just a hardware upgraded Droid pretty much

OP
D

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I understand they are rumors but it's just the all in the name I guess. I was hoping for the "Droid 2" to be as amazing as the Moto Droid. But from the rumors and projections I have been reading, it doesn't seem like anything worth trading my current droid for.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I understand they are rumors but it's just the all in the name I guess. I was hoping for the "Droid 2" to be as amazing as the Moto Droid. But from the rumors and projections I have been reading, it doesn't seem like anything worth trading my current droid for.

Yeah for most it's not going to be something they are going to trade their current droid for, while appealing, it isn't practical. Though those who want to start a new contract, they have a little better droid to play around with, if that's what they want. Of course since the droid x will be coming out before the droid 2, it's up in the air to see what the #'s are like on shipped units.

The 2Ghz phone your talking about is what is rumored to be the droid "pro" at the moment, i think i've heard like 2-3 names at the moment but that seems to be the one that's sticking. Motorola has claimed that by the end of the year they will have a 2Ghz processor phone out. While this is an awesome claim, i'm not quire sure of it's realization yet. Also seeing as the competitors of the TI omap are coming out with a dual-core processor around the same time, it will be very interesting to see the numbers on both processors.

EDIT: The droid 2 is supposed to be coming out in August.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
And does the droid 2 seem a bit lackluster to anyone else? I mean I kinda expected it to be like the DROID but on steroids...
Most new devices being released in the near term aren't worth considering IMO. What sources were the basis for your expectations for the Droid 2? A healthy dose of skepticism is always good in my experience.

OP
D

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
Eh

Well I was kinda saying I had expected the name "Droid 2" to belong to a more advanced piece of hardware. Especially after the seemingly, almost, fantastic claim from Motorolla that about a 2 ghz phone. I guess I will just wait and see what happens. I was also a little disappointed to hear that the Droid Pro is going to be for the most part a "Global Droid 2." I wonder if I'm anticipating a breathtakingly techno masterpiece to drop by the end of this year in vain.

xliderider

Reaction score
The Moto superphone is now rumored to be coming out in January. But then LTE would be coming around the corner, so will people bite or hold out for LTE capaple hardware. Unless the January phone has LTE. No one is saying at this point.