OverClock Droid X/Droid 2... Is 2GHz Okay?

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
OverClock Your Droid X/Droid 2... Is 2GHz Okay?

2ghz.jpg

If you are looking for a new speed boost for your Droid X or Droid 2, a new developer seems to have a solution to your problem. Today an article on AndroidCentral seems to point to a guy that supposedly has an over clock method which safely get’s the new Droid’s to an unthinkable speed of 2 GHz. The article does not give you any step by steps or things in that nature but just a video that can be watched if desired.

Due to the lack of information the article seemed a bit fishy and the developers of SetCPU thought so too when they said "Okay, the 2GHz video is a deliberate and obvious hoax, not even confusion." Now I don’t know about you but that kind of speed is a little hard to believe, and to make matters worse, a trusted developer that we all know and love seems to think this is a fake as well. Like AndroidCentral said, I want to believe you, but come on, just give us a little proof in the form of a quick painless Benchmark test.

Does anyone believe in this over clock rumor (what I shall call it until actual proof is released) or do you all side with SetCPU’s developer in calling this a fake. Let’s get the comments rolling in this thread.

Update Can you believe it... They went passed 2 Ghz... Now in the 3 Ghz turf. Check out the picture

Update V2 Our member silvasrt4 just put a smile on my face with this picture:
fake.jpg

barski

Reaction score
I'm sure its possible, 1.4ghz is getting common, i guess you could say, with people who overclocked there X or D2.
At 2ghz I cant imagine the CPU lasting to long. Just like with computers and overclocking heat is always an issue.

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
complete bull crap. all he did was modify setcpu to show permanent text Max 3000 and min 300. and it was clearly 3000, dunno where the OP got 2000 lol no offence

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
Fake.

Another thing to note, looks like he was moving in slow motion, then played the video back at 2x speed to make it appear to be faster CPU speeds.

Definitely a fake.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
seeing as how the droid 2 processor specs listed here cant handle the supposed speed, THIS IS FAKE:

Type: OMAP 3630

Manufacturer: Texas Instruments

Year Released: 2009

Predecessor: 32bit Texas Instruments OMAP 3430

CPU Structure (complexity): RISC

Width of Machine Word: 32 bit

Primary (RAM) Data bus: 32 bit

Secondary (ROM) Data bus: 32 bit

Supported Instruction Set(s): ARMv7

CPU Core: ARM Cortex-A8

Recommanded Maximum Clock Frequency: 720 MHz

Level 1 cache: 32KiB data cache / 32 KiB instruction cache

Semiconductor Technology: CMOS

Minimum Feature Size: 45 nm

Contacts: 515 pins

Special Features: Embedded 430MHz TI TMS320C64x DSP, Embedded image signal processor (12MP camera support), 2D/3D graphics acceleration (IVA 2+), Imagination Technologies POWERVR SGX SGX530 graphics core (OpenGL ES 1.1, OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenVG), SmartReflex technologies, M-shield mobile security, ARM TrustZone, Composite and S-video TV output, XGA/WXGA 16M-color (24-bit definition) display support, High Speed USB2.0 On-The-Go support

on a brighter note i believe this processor can handle around 1.4ghz but i would be shocked to see it at 3ghz, thats faster than my old laptop.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
on a brighter note i believe this processor can handle around 1.4ghz but i would be shocked to see it at 3ghz, thats faster than my old laptop.

thats faster than my current laptop!

exactly my point, but your laptop's processor is completely different then the ARM processor on the phone.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The first thing that made me think its fake. Min slider all the up, yet stayed at 300. Read 3000 max 300 min. If it was real would have read 3000 max 3000 min.

Sent from somewhere...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm saying setcpu was altered to show those speeds. That phone was slow for 1.2 ghz let alone 3ghz.

Sent from somewhere...