OverClock Droid X/Droid 2... Is 2GHz Okay?

Reaction score
as i said before i am running at 1.4 right now and its really stable. Haven't had one hiccup or problem yet and she is even running at a low temp, not overheating which is surprising me

IanG

Reaction score
At 3GhZ Quadrant was 320ish, and the the device began heating up instantly. You could feel it with a touch. Yes, it's not an idea set-up and the phone runs horribly, but if you recall, this whole thing started as just saying that it could be OC'd to 3GhZ. Then a bunch of people called B.S. and were stating that some very knowledgeable devs were "bold faced liars" and such. Then wene the story started to become clear to them, it was time to backtrack and shift the blame somewhere else, rather then admit any wrong.

Of course the phone runs like crap at 300%, now. But again, this is irrelevant, and expected. Are we overclocking?, are we not overclocking?, are these apps just fake eye candy to make us think we are overclocking?, can it get to 2GhZ?, 3GhZ? blah blah blah. If you don't know for sure, and don't know how to test it, don't throw blind accusations around based on your assumptions, especially when their are people out here actually testing these things and doing them.

The D2 and DX CAN be overclocked to 3GhZ. Only an idiot would think that the phone currently runs good at that speed. Even if the phones are eventually stable at that speed, people will still complain about something, even if they have to make things up again(AS in "I guarantee it is a bold faced lie").

The D2 and DX have been overclocked to 3GhZ. Not by people who sit on forums saying things are impossible without trying, or people who say other people are lying just because they themselves are not smart enough to figure it out.

The DX and D2 have been overcolcked to 3GhZ. I could show pictures, lay down some facts, but people will just say it is lies, and the pictures/documentation is fake. That has already been proven here in this thread.

The DX and D2 have been overclocked to 3GhZ. I doubt I'll check back here as we all know where it's going, but who knows. Just remember:

The DX and D2 have been Overclocked to 3GhZ. It was NOT to get something stable going. It was NOT for the purpose of throwing a release out to the public. We knew it would be unstable initially. Everyone knew that. Pointing it out over and over isn't helping anyone. It was, however, done more as a research project, and some good data was collected. Now, if you don't believe this, fine, just shut up and go away. It wasn't done to impress you anyway.

The DX and D2 have been overclocked to 3GhZ. No it was not just some app with a fancy UI telling us it was 3GhZ, it really was. It has been verified.

The DX and D2 have been overclocked to 3GhZ.

What does this post even mean???? Lol.

You can't overclock the D2/Droid X to 3.0Ghz. It's impossible without it melting the entire phone.

2.0 is even a stretch unless you're outside in sub-freezing temps, then MAYBE.

droidman101

Reaction score
At 3GhZ Quadrant was 320ish, and the the device began heating up instantly. You could feel it with a touch. Yes, it's not an idea set-up and the phone runs horribly, but if you recall, this whole thing started as just saying that it could be OC'd to 3GhZ. Then a bunch of people called B.S. and were stating that some very knowledgeable devs were "bold faced liars" and such. Then wene the story started to become clear to them, it was time to backtrack and shift the blame somewhere else, rather then admit any wrong.

Of course the phone runs like crap at 300%, now. But again, this is irrelevant, and expected. Are we overclocking?, are we not overclocking?, are these apps just fake eye candy to make us think we are overclocking?, can it get to 2GhZ?, 3GhZ? blah blah blah. If you don't know for sure, and don't know how to test it, don't throw blind accusations around based on your assumptions, especially when their are people out here actually testing these things and doing them.

The D2 and DX CAN be overclocked to 3GhZ. Only an idiot would think that the phone currently runs good at that speed. Even if the phones are eventually stable at that speed, people will still complain about something, even if they have to make things up again(AS in "I guarantee it is a bold faced lie").

The D2 and DX have been overclocked to 3GhZ. Not by people who sit on forums saying things are impossible without trying, or people who say other people are lying just because they themselves are not smart enough to figure it out.

The DX and D2 have been overcolcked to 3GhZ. I could show pictures, lay down some facts, but people will just say it is lies, and the pictures/documentation is fake. That has already been proven here in this thread.

The DX and D2 have been overclocked to 3GhZ. I doubt I'll check back here as we all know where it's going, but who knows. Just remember:

The DX and D2 have been Overclocked to 3GhZ. It was NOT to get something stable going. It was NOT for the purpose of throwing a release out to the public. We knew it would be unstable initially. Everyone knew that. Pointing it out over and over isn't helping anyone. It was, however, done more as a research project, and some good data was collected. Now, if you don't believe this, fine, just shut up and go away. It wasn't done to impress you anyway.

The DX and D2 have been overclocked to 3GhZ. No it was not just some app with a fancy UI telling us it was 3GhZ, it really was. It has been verified.

point is, dx and d2 's processor sucks, cant even BOOT 3 ghz, much less run apps for enough time to make a video, etc. im sure people have tried in the past day and they dont even boot up, so why dont they just go get baksmali and smali and decompile that setcpu and show us 450 ghz, because we know its what they did

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amongst all the controversy, discussion, and disbelief - I say - I put nothing beyond our Developers - whether this is true or not I have no opinion

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Those processors cannot handle 3GHz. If you are trying to argue that they can, I dont know what to tell you, although that's pretty hilarious that you think they could. Nice long draw out post, but I'm not convinced you know what you're talking about...

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
ZOMG!!! I got mine to 33GHz!!! its soo real and fast guys!

NO THATS FAKEE!!!!!

SYR52.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App
LMAO thats the most horrifying thing I've ever seen 3ghz min and max????? 0_______0

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I saved this image to my SD card and the filename is "fake.jpg"! Hahaha!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those processors cannot handle 3GHz. If you are trying to argue that they can, I dont know what to tell you, although that's pretty hilarious that you think they could. Nice long draw out post, but I'm not convinced you know what you're talking about...

This. The OMAP3630 is basically a die-shrink of the OMAP3430 in the Droid 1. The Droid 1 seemed to hit a wall at ~1.3GHz or so. The die shrink MIGHT make it possible to extend that wall to 1.4 or 1.5GHz; MAYBE even 1.6GHz. But 2.0GHz? 3.0GHz? No way in hell, the Cortex A8 CPU architecture simply cannot clock that high.

I honestly think all of these high overclock reports are a hoax meant to take the title of "highest overclocking phone percentage-wise" away from the original DROID.

kennydied23

Reaction score

This. The OMAP3630 is basically a die-shrink of the OMAP3430 in the Droid 1. The Droid 1 seemed to hit a wall at ~1.3GHz or so. The die shrink MIGHT make it possible to extend that wall to 1.4 or 1.5GHz; MAYBE even 1.6GHz. But 2.0GHz? 3.0GHz? No way in hell, the Cortex A8 CPU architecture simply cannot clock that high.

I honestly think all of these high overclock reports are a hoax meant to take the title of "highest overclocking phone percentage-wise" away from the original DROID.

It's just a prroof of concept proving that it's possible to be clocked that high. Nobody said that the phone would perform well, but it is definitely possible.