2.3 Update

ukycats

Reaction score
Installed mine last night. As others have reported, seems smoother. I think that I had to reinstall the apps that were on my SD card, but no big deal.

jfunk

Reaction score
Just FYI everybody, the actual 4.08 that VZ started pushing out is supposed to fix the Apps on SD disappearing problem you're all seeing. It looks like those that never got the 4.06 update in September are getting it now instead of the 4.08 that was just released.

I'd love to hear back from any of you that just updated to 4.06 and let us know if you do indeed receive the small 8MB update to 4.08 anytime soon. I'm afraid to do the update to 4.06 until I see somebody confirm that they are offered the 4.08 update soon after.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone who's rooted installed the update? What did it do to your root access?

kck

Reaction score
I noticed that in the market it says sprint and in hardware it says 4.3" screen so hopefully we get the update to the update .

staceybassoon

Reaction score
The gingerbread man also came to my house last night. It seemed really random the apps I had to reinstall but it wasn't that big of a deal.

For the record, I will never go.to an iPhone. :p. But I've had a lifelong dislike for anything that starts.with an i. Haha. I did play with my friend's new 4s. The ONLY things I'm jealous about is that he has Waze 3.0. His Siri doesn't function all that differently from my Jeanie, turned British and renamed Nigel.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Sider9

Reaction score
Just installed it. Lot faster and smoother. It's a lot more polished, particularly Settings. Fast boot is very nice.

I'm also seeing the 4.3 screen in hardware. I'm not entirely sure how to check about the market, but I'm seeing the Verizon app page so.

It says my display is using 85% of battery, before it was around 5%. My brightness is at 35. Cell standby is only at 7%, before it was like 50%.

absamide

Reaction score
I am rooted and running Skyeraider 4.3 currently. I have the update pending and being persistently irritating about wanting to apply. The reason I rooted is because I got the OTA in September and was less than thrilled. I have been looking for a decent Sense 2.3.4 ROM out there to move to. I am considering applying this and seeing what happens since I have S-Off already set so assume I can get back out if needed reasonably easily.

Any tentative recommendations?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I got the update too. I lost my FB app, Angry Birds, and another game I never played anyway. Reinstalled AB and it picked right up where it left off. I didn't have to start over. Other than that i haven't noticed any other lost apps. But it is smoother and quicker. I guess it's time to go exploring and see what else has changed. So far I'm happy with the upgrade.

Waveraider

Reaction score
I guess I got the same updates as everybody else. 2.3.4 software, 4.3" screen and missing apps...

jfunk

Reaction score
It looks like manually unmounted your SD card and then remounting it (possibly after waiting a few minutes) should restore your missing apps without having to reinstall them.

Should be another update coming eminently that fixes the issue entirely too.

staceybassoon

Reaction score
Mid-day update...

I'm definitely getting the low on memory warning a lot easier. In fact it's the first thing that came up after the update. I've had to clear things twice already to get it to go away, and have deleted a lot of apps. I sure hope it's worth it!

uscharalph

Reaction score
What kind of apps did you have to reinstall? I'm debating on whether or not to update since there seemed to be issues with the September release. I'm sure this is a revised version of the one that gave people problems, but I'm skeptical all the same.

Nothing major. The Kindle app, I can't remember which other one. My multi screen wallpaper app wouldn't work, but that might not be due to the update, I haven't used it in a long time.

cris

Reaction score
well my phone said there was a system update, i clicked install and nothing happend. i went to phone then about and system updates, and says its up to date. guess it was a dud.

dsprik

Reaction score
Update also came in the middle of the night. I will update tonight. 1. Power phone off 2. Manually uninstall sd card 3. Power phone back on 4. Install update w/o sd 5. Power off and reinstall sd card 6. Power phone back on and see if I still have all my apps.

Any suggestions to that experiment?

staceybassoon

Reaction score
Bummer! Maybe it will try again tomorrow. Did you reset your phone?