2.3 Update

staceybassoon

Reaction score
Well, I just changed the date on my phone to a month later and went to system settings. It then downloaded and started the install for the 4.08 version, but got stuck when it was trying to reboot. I'd be curious to see if anybody else tries this and gets a similar result...

(I also going to post this same message in the other conversations)

paulhusker

Reaction score
Well, I just changed the date on my phone to a month later and went to system settings. It then downloaded and started the install for the 4.08 version, but got stuck when it was trying to reboot. I'd be curious to see if anybody else tries this and gets a similar result...

(I also going to post this same message in the other conversations)

So did your phone reboot but without the 4.08 update? Let me know if it still works fine...Thanks

staceybassoon

Reaction score
No, it won't reboot at all. It gets stuck after it gives me the reboot countdown and it just goes back to normal. No install and still with version 1.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

ColeW123

Reaction score
well my phone said there was a system update, i clicked install and nothing happend. i went to phone then about and system updates, and says its up to date. guess it was a dud.

This is exactly what happened to me. I saw the update, went to install it, nothing happened and then said my system is up to date. Now, every time I go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates, it says my phone is up to date, which is obviously wrong as I'm still running version 2.2.

Any ideas?

byoshi22

Reaction score
My brothers Droid incredible says hat it is running android 2.3.4 but it looks no different than 2.2. It doesn't resemble gingerbread at all. Is this normal? Should I reset and try to reinstall the update?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

david14807

Reaction score
No there is not, check out my thread, not going to type it again.

Yes there IS a way to install the update manually if you have ROOT. Once installed you lose ROOT.
I have done it; the update isn’t worth losing ROOT. With the help from the people in the forum I was able to undo the update. I enjoy playing with different ROMs too much to not have ROOT.

drakerocksu

Reaction score
anyone know when the update is going to push again? I got the first part but it wasn't installing so it just stopped

MadDroid

Reaction score
anyone know when the update is going to push again? I got the first part but it wasn't installing so it just stopped

I was wondering the same thing. I'm still running 2.2. They tried pushing an update to my phone early Tuesday morning. Figures they send it the one day I work over night. I repeatedly ignored it since I wanted to back a few things up first and I haven't gotten a new update prompt since the 15th. Not sure if there is any way to get them to resend it.

Timar99

Reaction score
yeah, check out a few posts back for how to get the reup

MadDroid

Reaction score
yeah, check out a few posts back for how to get the reup

I tried the Google server check in yesterday afternoon but nothing happened. At least not til this morning, when the one large update was waiting. I never got the first build, so the low memory issue when installing 4.08 never popped up. Definitely faster.

cris

Reaction score
i got the update while camping last night. i see no difference.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got a message, saying there is a software update ready to install. Then I choose install and it says my phone will reboot it 10 sec, well nothing happens after the countdown, weird. I know on the 15th I got a message about installing software 4.0.8xxxx, when the low memory crap happened.

SpdFrk

Reaction score
I received both updates. I like the improvements. My phone is faster and more responsive. Also, it feels as though it is handling tasks much more effectively and efficiently. I haven't felt a need to manually close any apps to improve performance since the update. I'm happy and content. Thank you Verizon and HTC. I appreciate the updates.